10 Vegetables & Herbs You Can Eat Once and Regrow Forever

13 Jan 2014 11:12 #1 by ScienceChic
10 Vegetables & Herbs You Can Eat Once and Regrow Forever
Posted By Gabrielle Taylor
January 12, 2014
File Attachment:

Some foods are easy to regrow at home from leftover scraps, and some of them can even be grown right on your kitchen counter. Here are 10 vegetables and herbs you can buy once and regrow forever.
#1. Garlic
#2. Carrot Greens
#3. Basil
#4. Scallions
#5. Romaine Lettuce
#6. Bok Choy
#7. Onions
#8. Ginger
#9. Mushrooms
#10. Cilantro

See more tips at http://www.wonderhowto.com/

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Jan 2014 11:21 #2 by Blazer Bob
I sometimes do that with scallions and onions sometimes do that on their own but why would someone do that with carrot greens?

13 Jan 2014 12:47 #3 by ScienceChic
Eat Your Carrot Green Tops (the leaves) - Yes You Can!!

The leaves of carrot ARE considered edible and are highly nutritive, rich in protein, minerals and vitamins. They contain 6 times the vitamin C of the root and are a great source of potassium and calcium. The tops of the carrots are loaded with potassium which can make them bitter, so the use of them in food is limited, but there some ideas and recipes below. The leaves do have antiseptic qualities and can be juiced and used as a mouthwash.

What to do with carrot tops aka carrot greens
July 31, 2009 — Ned Raggett

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

13 Jan 2014 13:04 #4 by Blazer Bob
I have always thrown them away but I guess it is no weirder than eating balut or kimchi.

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds