Heartworm Question

23 Jan 2014 16:45 #1 by mountaindollar
Looking for those who may use natural methods for Heartworm prevention.

Are there any holistic vets up here that support this?

We will be in Nebraska a lot this spring and summer last year we used HeartGard but I am not happy with what I have been reading about heartworm medications.

Believe me if we did not leave the mountains my dogs would not be on it as through the years we have had to deal with a number of dogs that had issues with drugs they have had to take for their issues.

Thanks for any help you can give on educating me about the natural methods.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Jan 2014 20:54 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Heartworm Question
Sorry MD, I've only used HeartGard for my boy. I'll ask around - have you tried checking with Doc Gurney at Aspen Park Vet?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

23 Jan 2014 21:42 #3 by mountaindollar
Replied by mountaindollar on topic Heartworm Question
Just starting my research and he is on the list to call and see if they use natural methods.

Thanks for keeping an ear open for anything.

27 Jan 2014 14:41 #4 by ThePetParent
Replied by ThePetParent on topic Heartworm Question
Its a waste of money.
We do not have heartworm in this region, unless you came from the southern states etc.
Vets only sell it to make money.
My vet told me the only time you need to be concerned is if you travel to high prone states and the only heartworm she and another vet said was from people who moved from high risk states to Colorado.

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds