Found Goats in Burland Ranchettes

04 Aug 2014 15:12 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
Posted on our Facebook Page by Brianne Carolus:
Someone's goats are in my yard. Been hanging out and eating the grass. In burland ranchettes. Message me if they are yours!

If you aren't on Facebook, please post here if you know who their owners are and we'll get a message to her.

Thanks!

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Aug 2014 16:14 #2 by ScienceChic
Good news! The owners have been found and contacted already, they are picking up their goats shortly.

Happy endings are always good!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

04 Aug 2014 19:27 #3 by Venturer
Good news considering DPW has a bear trap further down CR72. Bear might decide on loose goats instead.

04 Aug 2014 22:50 #4 by otisptoadwater

Venturer wrote: "...loose goats..."

Venturer, forgive me for the cheap shot in advance, my inner smart ass couldn't pass up a chance to comment on loose goats!

[sarcasm]Calling these goats 'loose' is accurate in one tense of the English language; I ask you to consider the potential moral implications of your initial remark. What these goats choose to do on their free time is between consenting goats and adult human beings, frankly I'm dismayed that you would question the character and veracity of these animals without having walked a mile on their hooves. Perhaps I have misjudged you and you have made your remarks from a position of experience, please do not feel obligated to share your experiences with the public as it might deteriorate the public's collective opinion of the goats and those who choose to associate with them.[/sarcasm]

Now I'll do my best to duck all of the well deserved derision and defensive commentary that I fully deserve for my smart ass commentary!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds