Missing Blue Heeler from Evergreen Meadows Area 12/21/14

25 Dec 2014 11:36 - 28 Dec 2014 15:25 #1 by ScienceChic
From our Facebook Page:
Still missing: Blue Heeler dog, went missing on Sunday 12/21 from the Evergreen Meadows area. Please call Steve at 312-608-2626 if you see Kid. Thanks all!

Edit to add: actual photo of Kid

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Dec 2014 15:32 #2 by ScienceChic
Still searching for lost blue heeler Kid. Please call Steve at 312-608-2626.

There were sightings of Kid on Christmas Day, but he was very skittish and wouldn't come to anyone. Please keep looking, he's so close! If you see him, call or text at 303-748-2693 or 312-608-2626.

Posted on Pinecam :

Thanks for all your help - we've had 2 sightings of Kid today the first one was around 11am on the west side of Blue Creek road just north of white horse and an hour later he was seen at Conifer Mountain / Barney Gulch area running towards 285. He is running scared from anyone who tries to help him, Arrrghhh!! So approach gingerly and if that fails tell him to SITDOWN! Thank you all for the calls and support. This community is so dog friendly and very supportive, I have met so many great people while searching for my boy the Kid" through all the neighborhoods.

Thanks again for all the calls for sightings updates! Please keep them coming it really helps me narrow the search. Merry Xmas.

All the best,
Steve

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

30 Dec 2014 14:26 #3 by ScienceChic
Fantastic news - Kid has been found and is back with his happy owner! Thank you to everyone who helped look!

30 Dec 2014 15:50 #4 by HEARTLESS
Great news to start the new year.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

31 Dec 2014 15:49 - 31 Dec 2014 15:50 #5 by ScienceChic
Feeling proud of our community!

From 9News: Dog missing for 9 days discovered in Evergreen
Kelly Sommariva , KUSA
December 31, 2014

Nine days went by, and Gilligan and his family put up more than 1,000 flyers.

They sent online messages and texts to citizens in the Evergreen area who had reported spotting Kid, all without any luck in bringing him home.

"So many people helped me find him. I'm so thankful," Gilligan said.

Gilligan told the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office that Pinecam.com, the Evergreen Meadows community, the Evergreen Colorado Neighbors and Friends Facebook page , the 285 Corridor Angels , My Mountain Town on Facebook , the Evergreen Animal Protective League and the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office all played an extensive and important role in helping him reunite with his pup.

Story shared onto the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office Facebook Page

Attachments:

31 Dec 2014 16:22 #6 by pacamom
Someday 9News will actually know what they are talking about when they make up headline. Nah, that will never happen.

ScienceChic wrote: Feeling proud of our community!

From 9News: Dog missing for 9 days discovered in Evergreen
Kelly Sommariva , KUSA
December 31, 2014

Nine days went by, and Gilligan and his family put up more than 1,000 flyers.

They sent online messages and texts to citizens in the Evergreen area who had reported spotting Kid, all without any luck in bringing him home.

"So many people helped me find him. I'm so thankful," Gilligan said.

Gilligan told the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office that Pinecam.com, the Evergreen Meadows community, the Evergreen Colorado Neighbors and Friends Facebook page , the 285 Corridor Angels , My Mountain Town on Facebook , the Evergreen Animal Protective League and the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office all played an extensive and important role in helping him reunite with his pup.

Story shared onto the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office Facebook Page

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds