Richie the Raccoon is Missing from Burland

18 Aug 2015 17:34 #1 by ScienceChic
Richie is a domesticated raccoon who was raised by a couple at the request of DOW. He is very friendly and participates in wildlife programs for kids. His owners moved and he got out; they are afraid he is trying to make his way back to what he knew as home, but he's not used to being outside. If you see a large, docile raccoon, please contact Lori. Thank you!

From Lori Grabisch Moore :

Richie the Raccoon is still missing,He weighs 50lbs.He much larger than most coons up here. He was lost on Quakie way in Burland, Saturday, Aug 15. He and his owners had just moved from sleepy hollow drive to Quakie way a week ago. His owners are devastated. If you happen to see a large raccoon please pm me. Thank you so much.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Aug 2015 22:27 #2 by mountaindollar
Still missing please keep an eye out for this guy.

12 Sep 2015 19:31 #3 by mountaindollar
Happy to let everyone know that Richie is home!!!!!!

Hope he learned his lesson and does not run away again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

30 Oct 2015 13:00 #4 by ScienceChic
An update on Richie from Mary - he's in need of some help. Read on:

I don't know how many folks up here have followed Richie the raccoon's story but he is a pet of a local elderly couple (They have a license to have him) he got loose a little over a month ago but is back home now he was gone for almost a month he is not eating on his own and George and Ruth have spent over a thousand dollars in vet bills they think he has a problem with his liver from going so long without eating much I have set up a donation drop off at Busters pet supply in conifer anything you can give will be helpful.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds