Jackson: Missing male Great Pyrenees dog, Deer Creek Canyon area

24 May 2017 20:56 #1 by MountainTownAlerts
From Jim Morton :
Looks like Jackson, our Great Pyrenees, has gone missing. Hopefully just lost in the Deer Creek Canyon area. Please repost if you know people in that area. He hikes far....probably chased a bear and is lost.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 May 2017 07:19 #2 by ScienceChic
An update from Jim on Jackson who is still missing:
I've been asked several times for updates on Jackson, I promise you all will know when he comes back. I was also asked if I could use some advice on searching for him....I'll always take advice! Here is the update:
Park, Jefferson, and Douglas County shelters and animal control all know and I have had conversations with. I have visited Foothills Animal shelter. Douglas was extremely helpful even though I live in Jefferson County. I, Sharon, and Cameron have posted on every possible FB page in the area, including pet ones. I have put up laminated signs within a 10 mile radius with his picture and phone number. This includes miles of searching. He is posted on MyMountainTown, which I highly recommend you look up if you don't already know about. Any advice is always encouraged. I have a very weak lead from Pine Junction, too far, too fluffy of dog, but many phone calls have been made to Park County....spoke with dispatch, doesn't sound right but still following up and when they open back up they will call me.

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT....THIS SUCKS!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

29 May 2017 13:44 #3 by ScienceChic
Sad news to share from Jim: they found Jackson last night - he had taken on a bear and lost.

RIP Jackson. My heart goes out to Jim and Sharon. :(

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

04 Jun 2017 08:38 #4 by krslbr
So, so very sorry. I have a Pyr, too, and although they are fearless fighters, they don't always know the limits of their strength. My heart is breaking for you :(

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds