Stevia Plants

14 Aug 2018 12:34 #1 by parkcobound
Stevia Plants was created by parkcobound
Has anyone tried growing Stevia up here? I searched and didn't see any posts on the subject. It is tropical I know, but thinking maybe in a greenhouse ....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Aug 2018 18:17 #2 by HappyCamper
Replied by HappyCamper on topic Stevia Plants
I have not tried to grow any, if it is tropical it may need to be in a heated greenhouse.

All of my greenhouses are not heated.

15 Aug 2018 18:36 #3 by parkcobound
Replied by parkcobound on topic Stevia Plants
I was considering some solar powered heat mats too. I have a beat up rocket heater... But I might need to add some moisture as well. Maybe I need a sauna set up - which could also be nice to hang out in when winter really sets in ;)

16 Aug 2018 20:00 #4 by HappyCamper
Replied by HappyCamper on topic Stevia Plants
I like the sauna idea LOL

When I garden I try and keep my costs down and trying to heat can really drain the wallet up here with electric and natural gas being some of the highest in the state.

Someday hope to have a greenhouse attached to the house where we can utilize the heat we get from the woods stove that does great for us.

17 Aug 2018 06:24 #5 by parkcobound
I think I will just give it a try. Not sure if I can even grow enough to use, but its worth a shot.

17 Aug 2018 08:32 #6 by parkcobound
Also, on keeping costs down - I hear you on that. Luckily I have a friend who is a mechanical genius practically and I tell him what I want to do and he can almost always figure out how to do it from stuff I have around, or junk we get at the junk yard. I keep telling him he needs to retire from his job and hire out for stuff like this - but these days, you need a job with insurance......

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds