injuried goat and question about care

28 Oct 2018 13:10 #1 by homeagain
I think goat got kicked or accidentally stepped on (corralled with two horses) one week ago. Seemed to be doing ok for awhile (out grazing with horses in pasture) BUT dragging back leg no weight on it and bunny hopping" with rear legs......NOW last time seen was on Sat. late around
dusk.....beautiful sunny day and warm here for several days so I would think it would be out with the pastured horses......how resilient are goats.......the owner is NOT very observant and I am not
\sure the goat is doing ok. it is a younger goat.....thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Oct 2018 19:38 #2 by DrQ
Call Animal Control in the morning and have them do a well check. :)
Thanks for looking out for the critters!
The following user(s) said Thank You: homeagain

29 Oct 2018 07:24 #3 by homeagain
THANKS for the reply....I'm on the western slope....it's agriculture community and Livestock are NOT looked upon as pets. I've been told they will not come out unless animal is abused, not enough staff. The owner is renting corral and pasture, so he is not a neighbor and I have already
tried a nice note of concerned neighbor and he went BALLISTIC on the rancher who he rents from. Rancher is 89 YO and sees LIVESTOCK. (not concerned) unclear of the condition of the animal.....haven;t seen him out for a couple of days and usually he is grazing with the horses, I am retired an the pasture is the next parcel over, so I and other neighbors can see horses all
the time.....observation now for over a week.....goat appeared to be getting somewhat better, then
nothing....pretty sure was NOT taken to vet.....how resilient are goats? Colder wetter weather coming in soon.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds