Our Big Greenhouse in Bailey

03 Jun 2020 14:27 - 03 Jun 2020 14:28 #1 by HappyCamper
All the plants are coming along nicely.

https://youtu.be/o4oQdx5vVTw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jun 2020 15:51 #2 by HEARTLESS
I'm envious of your green thumb and obvious hard work.

The silent majority will be silent no more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HappyCamper

03 Jun 2020 17:16 #3 by homeagain
bodacious bounty....was it a store bought, or hand crafted greenhouse? heating and cooling system?
would love to see the total structure,looks like it can stand the wind and storms.

03 Jun 2020 18:48 #4 by HappyCamper
This is a Climapod greenhouse we have some solar fans but hubby has not installed them yet.

It has vents (not automatic) no other cooling and no heating.

This is the second growing season with this during the winter (not growing anything) we do install what they call their storm package.

I don't have a good picture of it but if you search on Climapod you will see it ours is 9x21 we did a custom build meaning I did not want the shelves and stuff that come with the standard package.

It is rated for 60mph winds and I forget what the storm package extends it to.

Typically the snow slides off as the internal temp is higher during the winter but I do not press my luck if it looks like there is more than 6 inches building on it and it is during the day I have a broom I can sweep it off with.

When we bought this our package with shipping ran just under $3000.00 if you go to the site you will see that COVID is driving the prices up.

03 Jun 2020 19:10 #5 by HappyCamper
Here is our setup minus some raised beds that you can't see.

The smaller greenhouse in front of the Climapod is a Harbor Freight greenhouse 6x8 and this will be my 8th growing season with it.

The other picture is the hoop house we just modified it from an inexpensive kit we bought I wanted it to be taller to handle the trellises for the beans and cucumber not to mention we really stretched it last year as the plastic was falling apart (only used it for 2 years).

The plastic on the new hoop is rated at 5 years it is made with wood and cattle panels.
Attachments:

03 Jun 2020 19:15 #6 by HappyCamper
This is the inside of the hoop house.

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds