CONTEST! Win a horse.

24 Aug 2010 10:34 #1 by LopingAlong
Write a short piece on why you should win a horse, why you love horses in general, what your past experience is with horses, where the horse would live, who your trainer is (or what your own philosophy is), who your farrier is, who your vet is, and anything else you can think of that will persuade me that you are the right home.

Only rules are: You must NOT be a beginner. This must not be your first horse (unless you convince me otherwise that you are qualified to have her). You will not take this horse simply to resell her. You must be able to financially care for her. I will require you sign a right of first refusal as a legal commitment to not sell or give said horse to anyone without my having first dibs and a say on where she is going. Mare is not available to Westernaire riders or gymkhana riders.

This is an AQHA registered mare who is 5 years old and green broke. She is sound, sane and nothing is wrong with her. She would do best with a smaller person as she is not very big herself. She loves women and men and is easy to work with. She comes with a "Hope Chest" full of all sorts of goodies so don't be worried if you don't have everything you need for a horse.

She is best suited for WP, Western riding, HUS (no jumping) and Trail--both competitive and pleasure. She has no blemishes, no vices, no unsoundnesses, no 'quirks'.

Her bloodlines include: Bonanza, Three Bars, Nugget McCue, Impressive, Poco Bueno, Skip, Chicka, Sonny Dee Bar and Lark to name a few. This is not a throw-away piece of junk backyard horse and could be shown at the regional and National level with the right training. Very pretty, very sweet and loves attention.

I'm cross-posting this on many boards and sites and also have this mare listed for sale on Dreamhorse. I'll make a decision by Sept 15, 2010. So hurry, and be creative! Good luck to you!

Email your submission to . or PM me here.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, call me at 303 579 5401. If you would like to meet her, let me know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Aug 2010 08:50 #2 by LopingAlong
Replied by LopingAlong on topic CONTEST! Win a horse.
I've gotten a few submissions already. Better hurry! :)

30 Aug 2010 13:28 #3 by LopingAlong
I just got done working with Flicka and she is doing so well, I can't begin to say what a wonderul little mare this is. If you are wanting good bloodlines, good mind and body and a good personality to boot, please let me know. She does need a home that is not just beginners. I really want her to go to someone who will love her and bond with her. So far there are two real strong contenders for her, but the contest is still open! To see current photos and video, go here: http://s980.photobucket.com/albums/ae28 ... ction=view ¤t=MVI_7866.mp4

It's not a great video and the pictures could be better, but you can see how she is progressing. She is learning to lunge quietly, w/o a round pen and at a calm rate. Today, she did great at the transitions and with learning to turn and stop too. I like those power brakes and power steering, ya know!

15 Sep 2010 11:56 #4 by LopingAlong
Contest winners are: Hope and Jay, from Montrose, Colorado. Congratulations!

Flicka will be living on the farm with a happy family who does work with Foster Children, so not only does Flicka get the help she needs, she also gets to help others!

Thank you all for entering and again, congratulations to Flicka and her new home!

15 Sep 2010 12:42 #5 by PhoneGeek
Replied by PhoneGeek on topic CONTEST! Win a horse.
I'm gonna miss her little cute nicker from accross the fence :wave:

15 Sep 2010 12:44 #6 by LopingAlong
She does have a high-pitched baby voice, huh? :)

16 Sep 2010 12:59 #7 by 285critters bff
Replied by 285critters bff on topic CONTEST! Win a horse.
Congratulations on another wonderful placement!

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds