ADOPTED - Bindy, Patagonian Conure

29 Aug 2010 10:19 - 09 Sep 2010 09:54 #1 by pound dog mom
EAPL just got in a beautiful - Courtesy Listing: This is Bindy, she is a 4-year old Patagonian Conure. She is hand tame, and she likes to play with a rubber ball. She comes with a cal-cage with a play top, toys, and some food. Bindy needs somebody that is home a lot or with other birds. We are asking for an adoption fee of $175.00 as donation towards her rescue organization. Please contact Lynne @ . or 303-644-3407. You can also pm pound dog mom if you have any questions as I will be her foster mom.

Hand-raised Patagonians are extremely gregarious and playful. They aren’t perch potatoes, preferring to play with toys and chew anything they can find. Patagonians have gotten a bad rap for being very loud. Conures in general can create a racket and the Patagonian is no different. It is certainly not as loud as a cockatoo or an Amazon. Some can even become good talkers. These sociable birds get attached to their humans, and can become one person birds. They need everyday attention to remain sweet and tame. These birds like athletic interaction and play, and can get into trouble if left alone outside their cage. This species loves to bathe, so large bathing dishes and watering cups will be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Sep 2010 18:00 #2 by pound dog mom
Does anybody out there have a bird play yard hanging around in the shed or garage or? that I could borrow for a little while. I would even consider borrowing a second cage with a bird yard just so I can move her around to be with me. With winter around the corner, I am trying to see what will work to keep her the warmest and her big heavy metal cage/play yard cannot be moved without a few people. Thanks!

05 Sep 2010 09:36 #3 by Moab
Check out Craigslist for inexpensive cages. If you explain the situation someone may actually give you a cage.

Good luck!

05 Sep 2010 09:46 #4 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic ADOPTED - Bindy, Patagonian Conure
Moab, what kind of bird is that? I don't know much about birds but I met one about a month or so ago and actually liked him.

05 Sep 2010 11:49 #5 by pound dog mom
Moab, thank you for the suggestion, I have found a wonderful friend here on 285 that has some bird stuff she can loan me. Thank you so much LopingAlong!

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds