Sunny 172 Initiative

03 Oct 2010 15:08 #1 by JMC
Sunny 172 Initiative was created by JMC
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=4131 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=81&t=4131<!-- l -->

20-30 years ago when domestic violence was not being taken seriously by our courts, groups were formed that sat in the courts and documented judges and prosecutors that minimized the severity of these crimes and publicized the results. Things changed dramatically in a short amount of time.
I am proposing that we form a Park County watchdog group to hold officials accountable when they let these criminals off the hook with slaps on the wrist for animal cruelty, abuse and neglect. Staffed by volunteers and we will commit to funding the expenses so that Park County officials realize that the citizens of this County want these scoundrels punished appropriately for the crimes they commit.

Please contact us if you are concerned about this issue and would be interested to volunteer. This a very important issue that we need to address. Not asking for donations just interested in animal lovers that want things to change.
We will have an ongoing thread at [url=http://www.285bound.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]www.285bound.com[/url] Pet Park to keep people informed.

We are asking for help from Pinecam animal lovers too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Oct 2010 15:51 #2 by pound dog mom
Replied by pound dog mom on topic Sunny 172 Initiative
I like it!

03 Oct 2010 17:40 #3 by LopingAlong
Replied by LopingAlong on topic Sunny 172 Initiative
I am not a Park County resident, but I am willing to help. Sometimes it is not even the officials or administrators that need watching as much as it is laws that need changing.

I once had a dog named Lilly that had previously been severely beaten by a man who broke 3 of her legs and her hips among other things. She was 8 weeks old at the time of this horrible onslaught and had the perpetrator not also beaten his neighbor, he would have been fined $50. Due to his attacking a human, he actually saw the inside of the Taj in person and up close. To me, that's always been wrong.

Please keep us informed as to what is needed to move forward with the idea--not only in PC, but in all counties in all states eventually. Thank you, JMC, for consistently thinking outside of the box.

03 Oct 2010 18:33 #4 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Sunny 172 Initiative
Thanks, I think this easy fix may help.

03 Oct 2010 18:57 #5 by PondLady
Replied by PondLady on topic Sunny 172 Initiative
I had a dog several years ago that was shot in the head by a neighbor. We couldn't prove they did it but we're pretty sure who it was. The dog lived but was never quite the same and didn't like men after that incident. Even if we could have proved who did it, not much would have happened to him. I think something like this should be expanded as well beyond Park County. Let me know how I can help.

03 Oct 2010 18:59 #6 by JMC
I'd hate men too if one shot me in the head, maybe this could go statewide.

03 Oct 2010 20:16 #7 by LopingAlong
Replied by LopingAlong on topic Sunny 172 Initiative
Nationwide.

04 Oct 2010 18:29 #8 by JMC
I have gotten a lot of support and will PM all that have contacted me. Thanks

08 Oct 2010 17:18 #9 by pound dog mom
Replied by pound dog mom on topic Sunny 172 Initiative
I have made some great contacts and they have great contacts. I am waiting to receive an email re a conference at University of Denver October 27, 28, and 29 re investigations, puppy mills, trials, making a case of animal cruelty and so on it sounds like a great 3-days. As soon as I receive it, I will post for those that can attend! JMC I will send you my contact's info she is all gun ho and even has the media outlet to get more attention to this issue.

12 Oct 2010 09:53 #10 by Grace
Replied by Grace on topic Sunny 172 Initiative
Years ago a retired United Airline Pilot was called by neighbors (New to the area from CA). A mother bear and her two cubs were looking for food close to the enclosure where they kept a couple of Llamas.

The man brought his two children along (One was under aged), they all wore head lamps (Illegal) and spotted the two cubs in a tree. They shot and killed the two cubs in front of the mother and then killed the mother.

This caused a tremendous uproar in the community. A meeting was held with all of the news channels present. The assistant DA spoke to us about the charges. I asked about the fact the man put a gun into his under aged child’s hands and taught her how to break the law. Why not press charges on that? I was trying to find a way to punish this killer.

The DA explained that he was filing charges on what he thought would result in a conviction.

The Pilot was found guilty and charged $10,000.

I say that this sentence was too easy. I wanted $40,000 plus jail time.

There was another report that a man got drunk and beat his horse so badly that he had to shoot it in the head.

I believe that he got a light sentence.

Mostly recently in TN a fire department watched as a man's house burned to the ground with 4 animals trapped inside. The man had not paid his $75.00 fee for fire protection.

This is cruelty to animals and it must stop.

I marched for civil rights. I pursued senators for passage of the Equal Rights Amendment and I want to actively get involved in this issue.

Somehow we must stop not only domestic animal abuse, but livestock abuse. (Horses are considered livestock and the owner can do whatever they want with them).

If my life is to have meaning I want it known for stopping any and all forms of animal cruelty.

Please allow me to participate in this fight.

Winning in Park County, CO would set Precedence for action taken in other counties, states and finally nationwide.

Jazz

Seemingly effortless beauty or charm of movement, form, or proportion.

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds