Seen - Beagle with something around its neck

05 Oct 2010 09:52 #1 by wendapooh
Yesterday (Mon. 10/4) evening around 7pm a beagle was running up Richmond Hill Road. It looked like it was chasing after an old, balck Nissan Pathfinder. The Nissan was dragging something (possibly the dog's crate). The beagle had something stuck around its neck, possibly part of a crate or a license plate frame. Several people tried to catch it, but it was very skittish and kept running away. It looked as if its back, right leg was injured and possibly broken. It ran into the woods off of Quaker and Birch. I hope it gets help and finds its owner.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Oct 2010 12:55 #2 by Local_Historian
We saw this same beagle in July! DOW guy and i both tried to catch the wee guy - he was running on 285, nearly got hit three times, ran off down the road past the "shopping center" there. I'm amazed he's still alive.

05 Oct 2010 16:01 #3 by Renaud

wendapooh wrote: Yesterday (Mon. 10/4) evening around 7pm a beagle was running up Richmond Hill Road. It looked like it was chasing after an old, balck Nissan Pathfinder. The Nissan was dragging something (possibly the dog's crate). The beagle had something stuck around its neck, possibly part of a crate or a license plate frame. Several people tried to catch it, but it was very skittish and kept running away. It looked as if its back, right leg was injured and possibly broken. It ran into the woods off of Quaker and Birch. I hope it gets help and finds its owner.

Is it possible that the poor pooch was being dragged or was the crate a carrier for it that was not secured in the car? If it was the latter I would expect the dog's owner to make some effort to find the dog.

05 Oct 2010 16:09 #4 by wendapooh
That was my original thought since the dog seemed to be chasing the Nissan. But who knows? I just hope he's okay

05 Oct 2010 22:17 #5 by Local_Historian
No, he's running loose - but had this odd thing around his neck. when I saw him, he was healthy.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds