Surrogate mare needed for foal

03 Jun 2010 11:31 #1 by LopingAlong
A filly was born yesterday and shortly after, her mom died. A surrogate mare is needed if you know of one. Filly got colostrum and is eating milk replacement from a bottle at the present time. There is a chance that another mare at the same farm will take her, but this mare has no milk as she is open this year and hasn't been nursing a foal.

If you can help or know someone who can, the filly is currently up near Ft Collins somewhere and the owner will transport to where baby can be with the mare. Please contact Alena Leeds at 303 887-8743.

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Jun 2010 20:16 #2 by Essexgirlinthemountains
Howz she doing? :crossed:

04 Jun 2010 20:24 #3 by LopingAlong
I haven't heard today. Will see if I can find out. Poor little girl. I have raised many orphans and if they got that other mare to take her yesterday, even without her being able to nurse, it will help immensely. I'm hoping that worked. Will check to see what happened and let you know. Thank you for asking and caring!

04 Jun 2010 21:19 #4 by LopingAlong
Just heard that baby Sadie is doing very well! She is eating a lot and all bodily functions are, well, functioning!

They pur her with a mare who loved her, but the mare bumped her as she was trying to protect her from a nearby gelding and so they got worried and removed baby from her. I advised to return baby to the mare, and will post as I hear more. Keep the prayers coming for the little girl!

04 Jun 2010 21:43 #5 by Essexgirlinthemountains
:crossed: Thanks for the update Tanya.

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds