Featured Pets for Adoption

06 Jan 2011 09:23 #1 by 285critters bff
Featured Pets for Adoption was created by 285critters bff
This new topic will feature selected pets from local rescue agencies and be updated as new pets are sent in.

Please post any questions on these featured pets on the agencies' individual topic threads:

QUESTIONS on the EAPL Adoptable Pets?
http://285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7015

QUESTIONS on the Peke & Pom Adoptable Pets?
http://285bound.com/Forums/posting.php?mode=post&f=8

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Jan 2011 09:28 #2 by 285critters bff
Replied by 285critters bff on topic Featured Pets for Adoption
[center:ude48twn]2 Sisters – Need a Forever Home Together![/center:ude48twn] - ADOPTED BOTH OF THEM TO THE SAME HOME!!!!!

[center:ude48twn] [/center:ude48twn]

Is your home quite, lifeless, with no laughter? We have a cure. A life-changing fur family ready to meet you! Meet our little playful, curious, bound to make you cry laughing little girls. These two just take over your home and your heart. You will be hooked forever once you meet them! I have brought these two dogs home with me many times after adoption events (while we wait for their foster mom to get off work) and they are just the cutest little dogs you can imagine. If I already did not have two other cutest little dogs that you can imagine, I would have to have these two in a heartbeat!

These sweet little girls have spent their entire life in rescue –-- their first rescue took them in at just 5-weeks old. They were found under a basket in a gas station and animal control did not want them to go to the shelters for fear of contacting anything at such a young age. This rescue had them for 7-months and never found homes for them. When this rescue shut down last summer, they transferred these little girls to Evergreen Animal Protective League. They acted/appeared to have been crated most of the time based on their behavior. The EAPL foster home has been working with them on house-training, life outside of a crate and their social skills with humans and other pets. They have made amazing strides and they are so eager to learn and please. They desperately need to find their forever home TOGETHER. These girls have only had each other through it all and we MUST keep them together. The girls are approximately 13-months old now. We think they are Schipperke/Italian Greyhound maybe some Chihuahua type of cross.

Memphis is shy but always friendly and cautious but can be persuaded to trust. She just needs the stability of a forever family and patience. She weighs about 9 pounds.

Raleigh is goofy and gangly, and very puppy like. She likes everything and wants to explore but mostly, she likes to play and cuddle with her human and her sister. She weighs about 10 pounds.

Do you have the lap space, maybe some desk space, and a fenced yard? Then go to http://www.eapl.com and complete an application and meet our precious little girls! ** Children should be over 10 due to the dogs size ** Cats are unknown, they do not show any reaction to them at adoption events and they get along with other dogs around their size.

06 Jan 2011 09:43 #3 by 285critters bff
Replied by 285critters bff on topic Featured Pets for Adoption
[center:319yb26g]Best Dressed Cats in Town[/center:319yb26g]

All of our Tuxedo Cats at Evergreen Animal Protective League are primping and preening and putting on their best fur coats so that they can meet you and help bring in the New Year with you in their forever homes.

Make your 2011 purrfect by adding one of our well-dressed cats to your family. We have several to choose from: male or female, long-haired or short-haired, talkative or shy, young or old--we have the purrfect personality to fit into your family. Here are just a few of our well dressed cats, please visit http://www.eapl.com to see all of our dogs and cats available for adoption.

ADOPTED
Gemini - Just a baby when she had her baby, Gemini is still a bit shy, but is starting to come around and ask to be petted. She was given up because her owner had too many pets Gemini is really ready for her own home where she can settle in and be really loved. Come meet her at Chow Down in Evergreen.

Rosebud (Cupid) - is a very shy girl about 2 1/2 years old. She's been around young children, dogs and other cats, and is slowing learning to trust and love attention. Even though she seems shy and hard to get to, once you have her in your arms, Rosebud will reward you with lots of purrs and love. Come meet her at Chow Down in Evergreen

Lulu - is a sweet, sweet , beautiful 4 year old spayed female cat. She lived a hard life before she came to us. Her former owners decided they no longer wanted her and stuck her out in their barn where she never saw anyone. Luckily one of our volunteers discovered her situation and brought her to us. She is a bit shy but is coming around nicely and learning to trust people again. Please come and meet Lulu - she has a darling personality and is such an adorable cat! Meet her at the Cat Room at Chow Down

ADOPTED
Romeo - a very special, exuberant boy, gets plenty of exercise chasing his sister, Rapunzel, all around. He loves to bury his nose in your hair and cover you with kisses. Romeo is very close to his sister; they would love to share a home together. Born approx. March 2008. Come see them at the Cat Room at Chow Down

14 Feb 2011 16:22 #4 by EAPL
Replied by EAPL on topic Featured Pets for Adoption
ADOPTED

Hi my name is Bella. Don't let my picture fool you, I am an 88# beauty and I could use a few more pounds because you can see my ribs. I was purchased from a breeder and then they did not have any time for me. They left me outside for 9+ hours a day and I was very lonely. I am 2 yrs old, spayed, UTDS, I get along with other dogs. Cats and kids are unknown. So far, I have liked everyone that I have met here at EAPL. I am looking forward to meeting you also, complete your app and let's set up a meeting really soon.

http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/openTheBox?sendevent=4d6a49354d54637a4e5442384e544d324e5463354e7a6b3d0d0a&sb=1

Evergreen Animal Protective League
P.O. Box 2517
Evergreen, CO 80437
(303) 674-6442

EAPL Thrift Store
27888 Meadow Drive
Evergreen, CO 80437
(303) 679-2504

Our Website
Facebook
Instagram

16 Mar 2011 15:40 #5 by EAPL
Replied by EAPL on topic Featured Pets for Adoption
[center:x8zfiko7]Sadie - Black Lab Mix[/center:x8zfiko7]

[center:x8zfiko7] [/center:x8zfiko7]

I moved all the way to Colorado from Pennsylvania last year (with my family) and can't wait to get out and enjoy all the wonderful activities that Colorado has to offer. I’m your typical lab…I love to chase my ball, go on walks and hikes, and wrestle with stuffed animals and squeaky toys. Did I mention I love the water? When I’m inside I love to snuggle and I’ll do just about anything for a belly scratch. I weigh 70 pounds and I’m micro-chipped, spade, and house trained.

I should tell you that I HATE thunderstorms....don't all labs....so when those come rolling in, I like to be in a lower level room, maybe even with some nice music on. Those storms are SCARY, don't you think??

I have been approved to homes with children 6 and up....as the younger ones make me a bit unsure. I MIGHT even love to have a boy buddy to play with once I am adjusted, exercised and confident again....when I was in my foster home, they had a dog and I liked him just fine, oh yeah...they had a cat too, now that I think about it.

My family now is soo busy with the baby and I guess that's how it should be! I need a brush up on all the basic house stuff (but I promise I am potty trained), cause like I said they are BUSY with that baby! I really would like to be the outdoorsy girl I once was...it would help me to relax and enjoy life more! Remember I am a lab so if you show me the way I am sure to make you proud. Are you the active family I have been looking for? If you think I might be.....please come and meet me at the EAPL Adoption event this Saturday (3/19/2011) at Evergreen Crafters. And don't forget the treats!! or you can go to [url=http://www.eapl.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.eapl.com[/url] and complete an application and one of their volunteer's will call you to set up a one-on-one meeting!

Update 4/14/2011

Sadie has been moved into an EAPL foster home and she is doing wonderful. She is excited to be out and about with the foster family, her confidence is growing daily and her nervous licking spots are all most gone and hair is growing back. She is a very happy dog now that she gets daily attention and exercise. She so loves the family hikes on the weekends. Come out and meet her. If a typical lab is the breed for you then she is a perfect girl for you to look at.

Evergreen Animal Protective League
P.O. Box 2517
Evergreen, CO 80437
(303) 674-6442

EAPL Thrift Store
27888 Meadow Drive
Evergreen, CO 80437
(303) 679-2504

Our Website
Facebook
Instagram

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds