PASSED OVER RAINBOW BRIDGE - Lost Dog MALUMUTE - Dumont

21 Jan 2011 12:27 #1 by pound dog mom
Posting for another person: Family is very anxious to get her back home safe and sound. She did live in Evergreen previously so she might be seen out this way.

Lost Dog name Aurora F 75lbs Chain collar w/ tag w/ phone #720-217-5684. Thick coat, Big girl! Friendly, smart, will let you leash her if approached slowly & announce "lead", but protective if collar is grabbed abruptly, or rear is touched...has hip or leg problem intermittently, & is sensitive, may be limping. She was a rescue we have had for a year & a half. Never been lost, we are remote, above No. Spring Gulch in Dumont funnels down to I-70 & Clear Creek to the South of us, Fall River Road is right below us on the North side, Mill Creek Road is just West of us where our access road begins. Bolted out of gate Tues night 7PM w/ Male Dog who returned at 5AM w/o her. Could have gone any direction.

Please call thanks! Linda 720-217-5680

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Jan 2011 09:15 #2 by 285critters bff
Replied by 285critters bff on topic PASSED OVER RAINBOW BRIDGE - Lost Dog MALUMUTE - Dumont
as of yesterday...

UPDATE from Aurora's Mom & Dad: Aurora has not been found yet. Ads in just about every newspaper we can think of logically. Denver Post, Evergreen & CC papers, & Summit County papers to Glenwood Springs. Registered w/ the main shelters, still have some on the list to contact. Tons of posters out. Every online place to register I can find. Had a false alarm last week, several phone calls back to back, went on a wild goose chase for half the day on Fall River Road tracking a dog, turned out to be the wrong dog, but at least we got that one returned to where it was lost from. Going out on foot again today, before the storm hits. Thanks, Linda Contact #720-217-5684 Steve's cell.

additional photo

06 Feb 2011 08:16 #3 by 285critters bff
Replied by 285critters bff on topic PASSED OVER RAINBOW BRIDGE - Lost Dog MALUMUTE - Dumont
as of 2.6.11 still no sign of Auora. Family continues to search day and night for her.

18 Feb 2011 08:50 #4 by 285critters bff
UPDATE POSSIBLE SIGHTING -

Hi Cathleen, we may have had a break here...we are hoping, & I wanted to update you. This area she could be in, is very mountainous & feels remote, especially North of Hwy 103, but then I hiked in a culvert from that ranch & ended up right "on" Hwy 103. So if she kept traveling in that direction, she very well could follow 103 towards Evergreen, or along Hwy I-70, The ranch owner almost didn't call because he had seen a flyer where she looked pretty dark, almost black he said, & then he saw the ad in the Denver Post, & thought it may be her. So, maybe it is, & just really "scared". I checked w/ Sue @ CC Animal Control, & she believes it is a good possibility. Hope you have a nice holiday weekend, & thank you for your help. Linda Post 720-217-5680 Steve 720-217-5684

Hi...we have had a tip, she may have been spotted @ Laughing Valley Ranch. They have a culvert where they put their deceased animals, & the owner scared the dog out of the culvert when he had disposed of a mule carcass. He only saw the back of her, but we showed him pics & he really thinks what he did see meets her description. Sending you the link to the map from where they left, to where the dog was sighted. The animal control officer thinks it very likely may be her, she said no other dogs of that description are over there that she knows of, & especially roaming, as the owner of the ranch, no local dog he is aware of either. He has lots of animals there including some wolf dogs. It was about 3 days ago, so I have been pouring over the maps, & several roads, although snowy, lead right to the area, from Dumont, North Spring Gulch, & Stanley Road which runs along Hwy I-70, where we think they ended up, so this could really make sense. We had been planning to search that area too, but hadn't yet, we have had such a huge search, & it has been so snowy, a lot of it is inaccessible, but this area is a bit lower. We searched quite a bit where we could, & are putting up lots of extra flyers. I will go tomorrow again, whatever roads I can access, & Mount Evans Scenic Byway Hwy 103. If she continued that route, leads to more traffic areas, or where she may have been sighted they also sighted some Mountain Lions in the forested area...so either way, we hopefully will CONNECT soon! We are hoping it is her! It is a month tonight! Linda

15 Mar 2011 09:41 #5 by pound dog mom
Auora has been identified, she has passed over the rainbow bridge. My thoughts and prayers are with her family.

15 Mar 2011 10:12 #6 by CinnamonGirl
So sorry to hear... Gorgeous dog. {{hugs}}

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds