Rocky, my 23 yr. Old Arab will have to be put down tomorrow

26 Jan 2011 06:58 - 26 Jan 2011 07:59 #1 by Nmysys
I am devastated. Everyone who has ever known Rocky over the years should know that he will sent off to the great pasture in the sky tomorrow afternoon at 2:00. He has been my friend, buddy, companion all of his life. We have ridden almost every trail in Colorado and for many years he and I rode and took care of the trails of the Buffalo Creek Recreation area, riding out of Pine Valley Open Space Park in Pine Grove literally every day. I would strap a chainsaw on his back and cut all the trees that would fall across the trails, keeping them open. Most everyone who has hiked them or mountain biked on them has seen and known him. He will be sorely missed, but never forgotten.

Thank you Aspen Creek Veterinarian Service (Shannon) for your caring concerns and help with this extremely difficult decision.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jan 2011 07:43 #2 by CinnamonGirl
Very, very sorry to hear this. It is so hard to say good bye to our animals.

Hugs

26 Jan 2011 08:00 #3 by Nmysys
Thank you CG. This is the most difficult thing I think I have ever been through in my life.

26 Jan 2011 08:09 #4 by jf1acai
Very sorry to hear this.

May the good memories help you through this very difficult time.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

26 Jan 2011 08:11 #5 by CinnamonGirl
I still cannot state the name of the Dog I put down 2 years ago and everyone around me avoids talking about her. Animals are like children to us. It is really hard.

26 Jan 2011 08:16 #6 by The Viking
Keeping you in my prayers for healing. I know that this is just like losing a family member. There are no words to bring much comfort. Time is the greatest healer. And I always tell people to read the Rainbow Bridge. It does put a different perspective on things.

http://rainbowsbridge.com/poem.htm

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

26 Jan 2011 08:23 #7 by Nmysys
Viking:

(In between tears )

Bless you my friend. Thanks!

26 Jan 2011 08:32 #8 by nothing wrong with me
Replied by nothing wrong with me on topic Rocky, my 23 yr. Old Arab will have to be put down tomorrow
Sorry about your horse.
You have been really nice to me on [url=http://www.arkansasheadwatersbound.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]www.arkansasheadwatersbound.com[/url]
and fun to talk to.

Best,
NWWM

26 Jan 2011 08:37 #9 by Slicky
So very very sorry to hear about your loss. Keep the good memories of your travels and adventures (and thanks for taking such good care of our trails). He will never be forgotten.

You are in my prayers.

26 Jan 2011 08:41 #10 by LopingAlong
My condolences to you. I know the pain of saying goodbye to your horse and I feel for you. Prayers that you feel peaceful soon! He'll always live in your heart.

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds