What is wrong with people.

08 Feb 2011 16:40 #1 by CinnamonGirl
What is wrong with people. was created by CinnamonGirl
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx? ... &catid=339

LONGMONT - A man throwing away trash in a dumpster on Tuesday heard an unusual sound; meowing.
Mike Merino climbed inside the Dumpster and found a taped up box with several cats inside.

The cats were taken to the Longmont Animal Hospital and are all in good health.

The hospital is hoping to find good homes for the cats. Anyone interested in adopting a cat should call the hospital at 303-776-3454.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Feb 2011 20:01 #2 by MoCat
Replied by MoCat on topic What is wrong with people.
Someone should do the same thing to the evil person that did this. They are beautiful cats,if I didn't have so many already I would adopt one (the orange and white one that looks like Mo) Mo has been gone nearly a year, but is in my thoughts every day

08 Feb 2011 22:18 #3 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic What is wrong with people.
Not everyone is an animal lover. I only need to think back on my father as an example. My growing perception is that our view towards pets or domesticated animals has changed tremendously over the past few generations. Today their lives are given great value. Not so in the past (this is a generalization as I realize exceptions existed in the past also). The incident described may find motivation in not being able to keep or care for these creatures and the easiest way was to simply get rid of them. He used a dumpster, past generations a burlap sack thrown into a stream.

09 Feb 2011 07:05 #4 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic What is wrong with people.
Rockdoc, on farms in the midwest animals are not given as much value. You would not believe what they did. If they did it in Colorado they would be in jail.

09 Feb 2011 09:25 #5 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic What is wrong with people.

CinnamonGirl wrote: Rockdoc, on farms in the midwest animals are not given as much value. You would not believe what they did. If they did it in Colorado they would be in jail.

I would believe it. I saw plenty from my dad. Times have changed as exemplified by Vick's jailing.

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds