IMHS BOD Meeting 2/17/11

19 Feb 2011 12:35 #1 by Wily Fox aka Angela
This was supposed to be the end of the "30 day taking suggestions into advisement" period and notify public of decisions. Since it was feeling like there would be no change in policy, I didn't trust myself to not get too angry and say things I would later regret, so I did not go this time.

Can those that attended please advise us of results and next steps?

thank you,
Angela

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Feb 2011 15:27 #2 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic IMHS BOD Meeting 2/17/11
I requested that some of the attendees post. IMHS has again denied our request to post their info. on this site. Let's hope for the best.

19 Feb 2011 19:40 #3 by freebird
Replied by freebird on topic IMHS BOD Meeting 2/17/11
In my opinion, this month's meeting was fairly positive. There were 4 scheduled speakers from the audience and they responded to various sections of the Board's official response to our January proposal. I thought the tone of the meeting's discussions was improved over the previous month's and by the end of the meeting there were at least 5 areas that were identified as worthwhile options for further review.

While the Board did state in the January meeting that they would be interested in receiving comments and proposals for the month between the two meetings, my experience since Thursday evening's meeting and the discussion at the end of that meeting is that they are still interested in talking through some of the proposals.

As agreements are reached to modify or expand certain policies or practices, I will try to make sure these updates are posted here in a timely fashion.

19 Feb 2011 19:45 #4 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I am glad that you think things went well, but in my experience, talk is cheap. what are the dates for changes? in the meantime, are they still killing animals that get ringworm?
sorry but I am pretty unsatisfied with this

19 Feb 2011 20:12 #5 by freebird
Replied by freebird on topic IMHS BOD Meeting 2/17/11
I wondered where you were at last Thursday. I missed you.

I've experienced "talk is cheap" in both personal and professional life. I don't really think of myself as being overly optimistic (heck, I shared my concern with others at the start that they were underestimating the apathy factor), but I do think the outcome here will be some changes that will help minimize the times for euthanasia. In my experience change like this takes a little bit of time. Of course I do think some of our potential success at reaching this goal will be dependent on community support.

I respect your right to have a different opinion. I sincerely hope my opinion on the positive impact that will come out of this is right and yours is wrong...for the sake of the cats and dogs.

20 Feb 2011 20:11 #6 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I am looking for dates, actions, changes.... is there anyone able to report on these?

21 Feb 2011 17:39 #7 by Wily Fox aka Angela
anyone? anybody? anything?

21 Feb 2011 17:43 #8 by Ice
Replied by Ice on topic IMHS BOD Meeting 2/17/11
check out the SIA post in the pet park area , full information.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds