Photos from today's caving trip...taking a newbie

19 Jun 2010 21:30 #1 by Wayne Harrison
Photos from Wayne, Margaret's and Jaclyn's excellent caving adventure today. Jaclyn is a reporter for Channel 7 and had never been caving before but always wanted to try. Since she'd already done rock climbing and ice climbing, we thought she was good enough to try one of Colorado harder caves. She had a blast, as you can see. So did we! It was a great father's day weekend trip. This link should work for anyone, even non-Facebook friends.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 739375fe8f

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jun 2010 21:33 #2 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Photos from today's caving trip...taking a newbie
I don't know how you do it. I am very claustrophobic. LOL. I totally freaked out in the Cave of the Winds. Very cool pics. Happy Father's Day.

19 Jun 2010 21:42 #3 by Wayne Harrison
That's part of challenge... dealing with the dark, tight spaces, remembering the way out...

We didn't see anyone else while we were in there, although there were three other groups in cave. The beauty, quietness and serenity is unbeatable.

19 Jun 2010 22:07 #4 by jf1acai
I agree with CinnamonGirl (only one CG in my book :wink: ), 3 months in the Climax mine was more than enough time underground for me!

Kudos to you for being able to enjoy it!

And thanks for the pics, THOSE I can enjoy :)

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

19 Jun 2010 22:09 #5 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Photos from today's caving trip...taking a newbie
LOL. When I was in the cave of the winds the tour guide wanted to know why I was walking ahead of everyone. I told her I was getting a bit freaked out so she offered to have someone come 'get' me and take me back. LOL. I made it but did not like it.
:help:

20 Jun 2010 00:33 #6 by Wayne Harrison
At least you made it!

I put together this photo montage showing Margaret caving from age 9 through age 18. Photos taken at same spot in the cave:

20 Jun 2010 06:11 #7 by CinnamonGirl
That is so cute.

20 Jun 2010 10:12 #8 by pacamom
How long were you in there? Like I've said before - I get claustrophobic putting a shirt on over my head. Great photos! Glad you got another caving trip with Margaret.

20 Jun 2010 11:45 #9 by Wayne Harrison
About five hours.... and the cave is gated with a combination lock. When you unlock it to climb in through the gate, you have to re-lock the gate-- locking yourself in, basically.

20 Jun 2010 12:13 #10 by pacamom
What happens if you lose the key?

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds