Colorado 6th Happiest State According to Gallup Poll

03 Mar 2012 09:39 #1 by ScienceChic

Source: Gallup Healthways

What makes you happy about being here? For me, it's the weather, especially the sunshine and lack of humidity. I grew up in Ohio, which ranked 46th in the Gallup poll - no wonder I discover a lot of people who've moved here from there and Michigan. :wink:

Hawaiians Top Happiness Survey (Infographic)
LiveScience Staff
Date: 01 March 2012

The 2011 telephone survey was carried out between Jan. 2 and Dec. 29, 2011 and included a random sample of 353,492 adults, ages 18 and older, living in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia. To understand state well-being, Gallup relied on six measures: life evaluation (self-evaluation about your present life situation and anticipated one in five years); emotional health; work environment (such as job satisfaction); physical health; healthy behavior; and basic access (access to health care, a doctor, a safe place to exercise and walk, and community satisfaction).

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds