Trophy Trout in the Dream Stream- South Platte, Hartsel

14 Mar 2012 10:16 #1 by CinnamonGirl
By most accounts, the stock is rising for trophy rainbow trout making their annual spring migration from the deep water impoundment of Elevenmile Reservoir to the upstream shallows of the South Platte known as the "Dream Stream." It's still early in the game, but the local fishing version of March Madness hit South Park last weekend and will continue to crescendo for weeks, possibly months.

Read more: Rainbow trout are now the stuff of Dream Stream in Colorado - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/outdoors/ci_2 ... z1p6mlMoTm

I am literally drooling.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Mar 2012 09:09 #2 by Photo-fish
Man is it crowded on the Dream Stream. If I were in that area I would hit above Spinney instead. I might suggest, closer to home, going above Chatfield.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

15 Mar 2012 14:22 #3 by Grady

Photo-fish wrote: Man is it crowded on the Dream Stream. If I were in that area I would hit above Spinney instead. I might suggest, closer to home, going above Chatfield.

I fished the S Platte below Deckers last weekend. I was suprised at the number of fishermen. No hook ups, did see one guy throwing metal land a stocker size.

15 Mar 2012 14:24 #4 by Photo-fish
Don't forget that Waterton Canyon just re-opened too.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds