Lost Creek Wilderness

17 Jul 2010 21:03 #1 by FoothillsRealtor

Sophia S Paul, Broker Associate
Home Real Estate
Bailey, CO
303-838-3322           

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jul 2010 13:54 #2 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Lost Creek Wilderness
One of my kids is camping up there right now

19 Jul 2010 18:47 #3 by AlpineMike
Replied by AlpineMike on topic Lost Creek Wilderness
Lost Creek Wilderness is a wonderful place to explore. I have many hours and miles racked up hiking the amazing Platte River and Kenosha Mountains. This wilderness area has many treasures for people who don't mind walking that extra mile.

19 Jul 2010 19:08 #4 by Wayne Harrison
I had completely forgotten this was in our back yard until my daughter announced she and four friends were going backpacking in it last week. It was her first backpacking trip -- 4 days and 3 nights over 27 miles. Luckily, the one who put the trip together was an Eagle Scout, so she was in good hands. It was a shakedown trip for her before she leaves on her 10-day Conifer High backpacking trip to Alaska on Thursday.

If you're a "friend" of mine on Facebook, there's a really lengthy slideshow from her trip with lots of beautiful pictures on my page. They went in along Goose Creek, southwest of Cheesman and followed it into Lost Creek, coming out in a loop back to their starting point. You can also go in from near the Lost Creek campground in Park County.

19 Jul 2010 19:25 #5 by FoothillsRealtor
Wayne, we are really lucky that our kids are into this. My daughter loved the Alaska/Yellowstone trips, camping, backpacking, hiking as well. there are many parent who are not as lucky and the kids are into not as healthy activities as ours.

Sophia S Paul, Broker Associate
Home Real Estate
Bailey, CO
303-838-3322           

19 Jul 2010 21:37 #6 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Lost Creek Wilderness

Wayne Harrison wrote: I had completely forgotten this was in our back yard until my daughter announced she and four friends were going backpacking in it last week. It was her first backpacking trip -- 4 days and 3 nights over 27 miles. Luckily, the one who put the trip together was an Eagle Scout, so she was in good hands. It was a shakedown trip for her before she leaves on her 10-day Conifer High backpacking trip to Alaska on Thursday.

If you're a "friend" of mine on Facebook, there's a really lengthy slideshow from her trip with lots of beautiful pictures on my page. They went in along Goose Creek, southwest of Cheesman and followed it into Lost Creek, coming out in a loop back to their starting point. You can also go in from near the Lost Creek campground in Park County.

I saw the pictures. They are great! I was at the trailhead about 2 months ago. Now I know what is down there. I need to check it out.

20 Jul 2010 06:35 #7 by LopingAlong
Replied by LopingAlong on topic Lost Creek Wilderness
Where is the trail head? I think posting the location of the trail heads or a map with the pictures is a great idea. Thanks!

20 Jul 2010 07:41 #8 by Wayne Harrison
Here's the trailhead...

[gmap:3d0bm7uf] maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ms...0048bd1c8f3e7255c46d [/gmap:3d0bm7uf]

Link to a larger map:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie ... 3e7255c46d

If you know how to get to Goose Creek Campground, you continue on past it and it's a marked right turn off Goose Creek Road. You walk through part of the Hayman Burn area before dropping down to Goose Creek.

20 Jul 2010 08:12 #9 by LopingAlong
Replied by LopingAlong on topic Lost Creek Wilderness
Thanks Wayne! I just thought it would be good to show everyone. Thank you for posting the maps!

16 Aug 2010 20:22 #10 by Wayne Harrison
Update: I'm leaving tomorrow morning with my daughter for a six-day backpacking trip in this area. I'm really looking forward to it.

My two Springer Spaniels started going nuts when I started packing the backpack yesterday, which I can't understand how they knew. It's a borrowed backpack and I've never taken them backpacking. We always car camp or use the pop-up. One of the dogs was running in and out of the house to the car... yelping with anticipation. It's was pretty funny to watch.

This is a normal three day trip but I wanted to take my time and enjoy the experience.

See ya'll when we get back.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds