Duck Hunting Season Opens Oct 5th in the Mountains

04 Oct 2013 14:22 #1 by ScienceChic
From CPW Hunting
The first day of duck season in the Mountain/ Foothills zone is Saturday, and the rest of the Central Flyway zones will be following suit soon. Are you ready? Our hunt planners suggest you lay all of your gear out the night, or even the week before your first day out to make sure all of your gear and decoys are clean, mended, and set up to go. This duck hunting video demonstrates a decoy rigging style that is perfect for Colorado streams and rivers. http://ow.ly/pdpco

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Oct 2013 14:44 #2 by FredHayek
Never tried duck hunting in the mountains but I should. My last two blinds on the plains were replaced with new homes in Windsor.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

04 Oct 2013 14:57 #3 by pacamom
I've never seen a duck up here.

04 Oct 2013 15:07 #4 by FredHayek
We have had ducks on our pond. Sometimes they return and some years they miss us.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 Oct 2013 08:41 #5 by Grady
I've seen lots of ducks, and duck hunters at Tarryall, and all over the Colorado river. In fact a few years ago we floated the Colorado downstream from Fruita, we hunted deer in the mornings and ducks in the afternoon. We "harvested" one buck and plenty of ducks, it was a good trip. :biggrin:

05 Oct 2013 09:45 #6 by Blondie

pacamom wrote: I've never seen a duck up here.

I saw a duck on your pond on Thursday.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds