FlameStower: Charge Your Gear With Fire!

15 Oct 2013 12:07 #1 by ScienceChic
This is a cool gadget that might come in handy for the outdoor adventures!

FlameStower: Charge Your Gear With Fire!
by Team FlameStower

MOBILE TECH - MEET MOBILE POWER

FlameStower is a revolutionary charger that powers USB gear from fire, giving everyone the energy we need - outside or in-home, no grid required. FlameStower converts fire into electricity - off-grid, portable phone charging in a compact design for camping and power outages.

Kickstarter Campaign:
594 Backers
$43,233 pledged of $15,000 goal
8 days to go

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/flamestower
Twitter: https://twitter.com/flamestower
The FlameStower YouTube Channel
[youtube:1frd1ma2]
[/youtube:1frd1ma2]
[youtube:1frd1ma2]
[/youtube:1frd1ma2]

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Oct 2013 12:15 #2 by FredHayek
Interesting idea. I am always hesitant to leave my phone on when hiking because I worry about being unable to recharge it. But I think a solar panel makes more sense...

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Oct 2013 12:23 #3 by ScienceChic
Do the solar panel charging during the day and the campfire charging at night!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

15 Oct 2013 12:43 #4 by deltamrey
Looks like camp stove fuel is the energy source.....would be interested in looking at the converter.....good idea. Any data on performance over time ??

15 Oct 2013 13:12 #5 by ScienceChic
delta, it's a Kickstarter campaign which mean they are looking for initial cash from the public in order to get this product off the ground - it's brand new. I doubt they have that kind of data, but who knows how long they've been testing it - write 'em and see!

15 Oct 2013 16:00 #6 by Grady
like it

15 Oct 2013 16:20 #7 by HEARTLESS
Great idea. The heating industry has been using millivolt thermostats and even seen them on pellet stoves. The BTU heat is converted back to a millivolt signal to control thermostats, so use as a trickle charging device is a nice thought.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds