10 things to do in Colorado this summer

14 Jun 2014 06:25 #1 by pacamom
http://www.imfromdenver.com/2014/06/10/ ... is-summer/

A diverse list. Some of these I wouldn't rate as having to be on my list of 10, but I have done 7 of them. How many have you done?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jun 2014 07:28 #2 by Blazer Bob
.5 but I did stay at a Holiday Inn.

[youtube:33yetu1k]
[/youtube:33yetu1k]

14 Jun 2014 09:51 #3 by Mtn Gramma
Sand Dunes, Zapata Falls, Red Rocks, Blue Mesa. If anyone plans on going to the Sand Dunes, Zapata Falls is an easy extension. Went there with the grands a couple of years ago and they loved it. Part of the hike is thru (as in "in") the creek.

14 Jun 2014 15:20 #4 by pacamom
We did the Sand Dunes many years ago in February on the way home from TX. We were the only ones there. There was no creek to cross to get to the dunes, and completely missed Zapata Falls.

I like having national monuments to myself.

14 Jun 2014 16:22 #5 by Mtn Gramma
The creek at the Sand Dunes usually only runs in the spring and early summer. I guess this year it's really rolling along due to more rain and snow melt.

When we went with the grands we took plastic toboggans and sledded the dunes. They really had a good time. Park Service recommended not using saucers because you tend to sink in, as your weight is not distributed well. A big old hunk of cardboard would work well, also. There are shops in Alamosa that rent toboggans for use on the dunes.

Zapata Falls isn't very well known, which is a shame. The creek from it is VERY cold to walk in but worth the hike.

16 Jun 2014 05:15 #6 by LOL
Those lakes and waterfalls are real nice. I would put Black Canyon before Blue Mesa.
And the train ride in Durango. Lake Dillon. Mt Evans. Trailridge and Ouray. Independence pass. So many places. Been to Sand Dunes once, best when the water is running in May-early June.

City water park? ugghhh. Too many ill-nurtured, beslubbering moldy Rogues!

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

16 Jun 2014 05:22 #7 by LOL

BlazerBob wrote: .5 but I did stay at a Holiday Inn.

Wheres the pics of your food? :)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds