Dutch Oven Cooking class Conifer May 7th

15 Feb 2016 18:53 #1 by DrMike
Dutch Oven Cooking class May 7th Conifer

COFA-Christian Outdoor Fellowship of America is excited to announce it’s “Cooking In The Outdoors” series class. If you want to learn how to use your Dutch oven, you can choose a class on Saturday May 7th or on Saturday August 6th. COFA will be having classes on how to smoke meat or fish this summer, check for dates on COFA’s website events page.

Anything you can cook in your oven or crock pot, you can cook in a Dutch oven. Whether you want a meal of chicken and rice, pot roast and potatoes, chili, or even pizza, a Dutch oven does a great job! All you need to do is practice and have confidence. COFA is offering a class on how to use your Dutch oven and learn simple recipe’s. This event is scheduled for May 7th at 10:00 AM till 1:00 PM. A $15 donation is for food and beverages. You need to RSVP if your coming, seating is limited to 20 people.

For as simple as cast iron cooking is, it remains an enigma to many modern day cooks. In this class you will learn:

When and how to season a cast iron pan
Rescue and restore old or worn cast iron
How to clean your cast iron (you can’t use a dishwasher or soap)
What cast-iron pans are available and where you can find them
How to get biscuit to rise
What to look for when going shopping for ingredients
How to recognize cast iron—old or new—at a garage sale or at the mall
Main-dish cast iron recipes
Cast-iron sides and sweet endings
Cast-iron cooking for the great outdoors and beyond

If you have any questions about this class or would like to sign up and reserve a spot for yourself you can call Mike at 303.456.0555 or email him at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call George at 303.880.3800 you can visit COFA’s website at www.cofausa.org for upcoming cooking and smoking classes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Feb 2016 21:15 #2 by ScienceChic
I love my Dutch oven, but I'm not sure I believe you that you can cook a pizza in one! :) I'll be sure to pass this along to DH, he's the chef.

Thanks for the info, we had a question about area cooking classes on our Facebook page recently and it was great to tell them about this one!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds