10 Places to Camp within Two Hours of Denver

19 Aug 2017 18:01 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
Three of the ten are just off of Hwy 285, according to Out There Colorado!

10 Places to Camp within Two Hours of Denver

Photo Credit: Katie Botwin

From designated to dispersed camping, backpacking to car camping, there are so many ways to get out there and sleep outdoors. There’s something about falling asleep under an infinite amount of stars and waking up to the first rays of sun illuminating the tent that relaxes you as the fresh air fills your lungs. Though all of Colorado boasts incredible scenery, sometimes there are weekends where you don’t want to sit in the car for three or more hours to feel like you’re truly in the mountains. To remedy that I-70 malaise, we’ve compiled a list of places to camp within two hours of Denver to help cure that mountain fever when you’re just so over spending time in the car.

1. Turquoise Lake
  2. Kenosha Pass
  3. Mohawk Lake and Lower Mohawk Lake
  4. Loch Lomond
  5. Brainard Lake Recreation Area
  6. Deckers
  7. West Magnolia
  8. Guanella Pass
  9. Gore Lake
  10. Twin Lakes

6. Deckers
Hours from Denver: 1.25
Type: Designated and dispersed
Deckers is home to 20 miles of some of the best fishing in Colorado as well as an incredibly unique landscape due to a large burn area. Surrounded by Pike National Forest and speckled with designated campgrounds, Deckers is a great place to escape to when wanting to avoid large crowds and still get your dose of the mountains.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds