Do you want to learn about Geocaching????

03 Jan 2011 13:55 #1 by raghorn
Many of the Geocaching sites can be accessed by vehicle on main roads, at city parks etc. Others are on 4WD roads, and others require back country travel. There are thousands of caches just in Colorado.

I am a member of the Park County Search and Rescue team. PCSAR can do this learning/training of Geocaching, GPS use, Geocaching web site, navigating, and back country travel and safety as a service to our community. We can meet at the PCSAR building in Bailey.
If you are interested please contact me by email or PM and we can set up an evening or weekend day that is convenient to as many as possible.
Ron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jan 2011 15:47 #2 by Grady
We have a pretty active caching community right here along the 285 corridor. I'm sure there are others who would be happy to help as well.

-Colorado_PopPop on Geocaching.com

08 Jan 2011 10:04 #3 by raghorn
Tentative date is Feb 5th 9am. at the Bailey Search and Rescue building. We''ll do some time inside and out to the field to visit a a couple of nearby caches. Novice and experienced are welcome.
Please contact me if you want to attend so I have a list of folks I can contact with more info or if the date changes due to weather or other issues.
Grady; I would grateful for any and all help.
Ron

12 Jan 2011 20:05 #4 by raghorn
Geocaching Learning/ Get together

We will do this first time gathering on Saturday, February 5th at 9AM at the Park County Search and Rescue building, 59961 Hwy 285. That's just west of downtown Bailey, next to the Sheriff's annex.
This is being put together by Park County Search and Rescue, so here's a chance to see our building and equipment and meet a couple of the team members. We believe this is a great opportunity to work with others in the 285 corridor.
We will learn about the Geocaching website and how to use it, GPS use and suggestions about GPS units. Map use, and back country travel. We will also go outside and visit a couple of nearby Geocaches as a group. Should be about 4 hours , however we will use as much time as folks want .
If you have a GPS bring it, if not we'll buddy up. Bring clothes for being outdoors, and notepad.
We will have the coffee on and pastries for participants.

Please contact me if you plan to attend

Ron Brunges
PCSAR
720-271-9248

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds