Fishing Pole... Help me. LOL

01 Mar 2011 10:35 #11 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Fishing Pole... Help me. LOL
I am okay with a lake 5 minutes from my house but I am jealous that I don't live 5 minutes from a river.

TY MB, PF, kresspin and ME

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Mar 2011 14:35 #12 by major bean
The nicest fishing for me is for trout in the mountain streams approaching timberline and the beaver ponds at timberline and in the bowls of the mountains. A trip must takes two days to be enjoyable to me.

Regards,
Major Bean

01 Mar 2011 15:04 #13 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic Fishing Pole... Help me. LOL

Photo-fish wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote: In the spring I try, or have in past years, fished everyday.

:thumbsup: I'm jealous.

me to.

01 Mar 2011 15:07 #14 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic Fishing Pole... Help me. LOL

major bean wrote: The nicest fishing for me is for trout in the mountain streams approaching timberline and the beaver ponds at timberline and in the bowls of the mountains. A trip must takes two days to be enjoyable to me.

I assume you've fished Shelf Lake :biggrin:

01 Mar 2011 15:25 #15 by major bean
Years ago.

Regards,
Major Bean

01 Mar 2011 16:11 #16 by Photo-fish
Gibson is nice too. For it's size, there are some very big fish in Shelf. RMNP has the best backcountry fishing IMO. Anything in the Roosevelts?

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

22 Mar 2011 08:06 #17 by here
Replied by here on topic Fishing Pole... Help me. LOL
Do yourself a favor and have some fun Make some handlines The best line to use is a flyline wrapped around the spool it came on. And to do it up right .if your bottom fishing get a sinking line . Get the cheapest line you can find..no need for fancy expensive line .As far as setting it up..use the same set-up for the hooks and/or sinker as you would use on a rod and reel. The trick to this is somple..An underhand toss. Theres nothing like catching 15-20 cats on a hand line . YES a smaller hook/sinker/or bobber set-up works fine on even the smallest of bluegills. GROW UP AND BE A KID when it comes to fishing ...have fun thats what its all about Unless of courses yer one of those people fish only to catch the BIG ONE to brag about. as for me ..ill take 20 fish home to eat instead of spending the day and maybe ending up with one or two fish. I have fished a lot of places around the country ,including Canada and many times i have caught more fish with just a cut tree limb and a piece of line and hook i keep in the glovebox than the guys with thier thousand dollar get-ups. I started out fishing in the neighbors yard with a stick,a piece of line ,and YES a saftey pin and was catching perch and bluegill! ...but thats another story lol . So i`ve gone from a stick to hand made bamboo rods back to a stick and hand line . HMMMM maybe im just going senile!!...umm what did i just say???

22 Mar 2011 08:16 #18 by here
Sorry about blabing ..But ball bearing etc are not such a big deal... One is not supposed to haul a fish in. You pump the rod....lift the rod up until you have some slack and THEN real in the loose line ..the reel is really just a line holder.. you`ll end up bringing more fish in that way than the "keep the line tight'' opinion unless the water is full of weeds THEN you keep the line tight to try to keep the fish from getting tangled up in the weeds.

22 Mar 2011 08:25 #19 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Fishing Pole... Help me. LOL
I find that the better the reel the farther I can cast.

22 Mar 2011 09:04 #20 by here
90% of casting is the line itself

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds