Panfish

22 Mar 2011 07:47 #1 by here
Panfish was created by here
Trout,trout,trout ARGHHHHH So where are the bluegills,perch,etc ???? I haven`t caught a hand-sized bluegill in probably ten years . Ive been told to try up north of Denver but to me the places ive been told to go to , i have and only caught ones so small they didn`t even excite the grandkids, so driving a 100 miles or more to try another place just don`t turn me on .Sure there are panfish in the resivours,but if you consider the number of people that fish those places {Cherry Creek,etc} and the hours they fish and compare it to the munber of fish taken a person could starve to death. Im looking for some suggestions for the smaller places I allready talked to the DOW a was told they only stock little ones just to give kids something to do...we`ll thats fine but what about the people that buy licenses ??? i like to see kids enjoying themselves but ide like to see some benifit from my money!Maybe the DOW doesn`t get the point ...example ..the wife didnt get her license last yaer neither did the kids soooo the DOW lost on that deal. Ive ran across a lot of people that also quit fishing ! So if they smartened up the sales would go back up !They loose sales so they had to add another 5 bucks to the licenses????? Its just too expensive for someone to go catch these fish that are not worth keeping! So ,DOW,,get yer chit together!!!! Get some fish in the waters!! And dont be giving people the lame story i got ""The waters too cold because we`re in the North and they`ll die from the cold """ JERKS!!!!! Wait your right ...all these stories are fairy-tales ...your right ..i appologize!! Your the collage people not me ...i just grew up in the sticks .. Well back to the original question..... Any suggestions as to where to catch some fish worth eating? ps..my typing sux becasuse i dont use a SPELL CHECKER lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Mar 2011 08:00 #2 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Panfish
I heard Spinney is awesome. I know this is far for you but but Quincy res. is the best large mount lake in the state, if you ask me. I have caught many perch there. And Aurora reservoir has had the state records come out of there in the last two years for smallie and cat. My brother loves chatfield but he has a boat. I catch bass and perch all year at quincy and they the large mouth are usually 15"-18". You are not going to find good bass or perch in the mountains. They grow too slowly in the cold.

Horsetooth is not a bad fishing place either. And a few of my 'fishing friends love the lake at rocky mountain arsenal. I heard they have huge fish up there and it is catch and release.

I think you should look into spinney. I have not fished there but hear alot about it.

22 Mar 2011 08:24 #3 by here
Replied by here on topic Panfish
I appreciate the info I did forget to mention i have an alltitude ..oh yeh and an attitude prob too loololololl ...even thoo we live in Bailey, some places are off limits to me. Thanks

22 Mar 2011 08:28 #4 by CinnamonGirl
All year was not a correct statement at Quincy. They are only open from March to end of Oct.

22 Mar 2011 09:47 #5 by Photo-fish
Replied by Photo-fish on topic Panfish
Sunfish Fishing in Colorado for Green Sunfish, Rock Bass, White Bass, Yellow Perch and Other CO Panfish.
http://www.aa-fishing.com/co/colorado-panfish-fishing.html

Rocky Mountain Crappie & Panfish Fishing
http://www.rmgameandfish.com/fishing/crappies-panfish-fishing/

Try these lakes;
Brush Hollow
Valco Ponds
Pueblo Reservoir
Ordway Reservoir
Lake Henry
Chatfield
Dog Ponds @ Chatfield
Cherry Creek Reservoir
Bear Creek REservoir
Aurora Reservoir
Quincy Reservoir

I used to fish for big bluegills back in WI. I really haven't tried much here in CO. I caught quite a few small ones in the small ponds at Chatfield and I have heard that there are some nice ones in the ponds adjacent to hwy 70 at Ward and near Lowell and 76.

Come back and tell us how you did.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

22 Mar 2011 10:03 #6 by here
i tried the ponds by Chatfeild ..results SQUAT !Ive even gone to the places where the DOW told there where SUPPOSED to be fish ...SQUAT ! Ill give the ponds by Lowell and by Ward and see what up whit them places . Thanks

22 Mar 2011 10:07 #7 by CinnamonGirl
Sweetie, you can't always blame the DOW for not catching anything. LOL. I have tried.

Just kidding.

22 Mar 2011 10:15 #8 by here
LOLOL well see i tried too The ponds at 76 and Lowell look promising ,,never tried there and the place at 70 and Ward ..would you be talking about Union Square Park ..??

23 Mar 2011 10:57 #9 by Martin Ent Inc
Replied by Martin Ent Inc on topic Panfish
Pretty hard to catch a fish with a pan.

However if you go camping Barr lake has some decent sized ones. course ain't been there in a long time so could have changed.

06 May 2012 10:32 #10 by Photo-fish
Replied by Photo-fish on topic Panfish
I heard the Perch fishing at Bear Creek Lake Reservoir has been good lately. Try along the SE corner of the lake, across from the spillway structure.

Anyone tried the ponds down by Santa Fe?

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds