Star Wars - The Entire Collection on Blu-Ray - Details

04 May 2011 22:40 #1 by ScienceChic
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/49504
(UPDATED WITH ARTWORK!!) It Will Be A Day Long Remembered! Star Wars Blu-Ray Details Revealed!
Published on: May 04, 2011

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. There has been a countdown clock on StarWars.com for a while now and we’ve known for a goodly amount of time that when the clock runs out we’ll be given a full rundown of the specs and special features of the upcoming Star Wars Blu-Rays, hitting shelves September 16th.

Well that time is now! The StarWars.com website crashed upon the ending of the countdown clock and after 15 minutes of trying to get it to load the rather anti-climactic Blu-Ray details hit the web (I found it here thanks to the lovable Brian Kelley).

http://goffee-freelance.blogspot.com/20 ... ay-in.html

I am excited to see the deleted scenes, especially after the tease of the long-awaited Luke Building his Lightsaber at the beginning of Jedi footage was released upon the initial announcement (::coughcoughclickherecough::). Disc 7 looks to be where it's at for grumpy old humbug original trilogy purists like me.

You can pre-order the whole enchilada for $89.99 or the two trilogies separately. Episodes IV-VI for $44.99 and Episodes I-III for $44.99.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 May 2011 22:51 #2 by Rockdoc
I suspect blue-ray will not work on a computer. Too bad, because that is just what I could use when I go overseas to work. The first week is a brutal time change plus later the isolation is best handled with flicks on your computer. TV choices are horrible over there.

05 May 2011 00:08 #3 by ScienceChic
No, I don't think there are any computers with them built-in yet, but you can buy an external blu-ray player!

http://www.amazon.com/Blu-Ray-USB-Exter ... B001QA2Y9S
Blu-Ray USB External Player DVDRW by cBear
4.2 out of 5 stars
Price: $85.46

New in box HP UJ-120 Blu-Ray Super Multi DVD+/ -R/RW BD-R Dual Layer Burner, is the smallest, lightest and fastest USB portable blu-ray player and CDs DVDs burner /player in the world. The Slim-Line Blu-Ray drive is the flexible solution for people on the move who need multimedia solutions. Product Details This drive can burn & play CDs DVDs and play Blu-Ray High Definition movies. The Blu-Ray drive is connected to the notebook or desktop computer via a USB Port. It supports any model of Laptop/ Notebook or desktop PC that has USB support. it does not require an AC adaptor, making it a perfect solution for the mobile user requiring access to their data.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds