A Visit To Pixar, Review of Cars 2

04 May 2011 22:57 #1 by ScienceChic
Like many others, I adore Pixar - they do it right, both employee-wise, and fan-wise. This story reminds me of what one of us would feel like if we got invited to walk the hallowed halls! Enjoy the pics (there's many more in the story) and the reviews of Cars 2 and Toy Story Hawaiian Vacation!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/49476
Nordling Goes To Pixar Part 1! CARS 2! TOY STORY'S HAWAIIAN VACATION!
Published on: May 04, 2011

Sometimes life hands you something amazing at very little notice. I had no idea when I woke up Wednesday morning what the next two days would entail, but I'm quite certain that going to Pixar Studios and Skywalker Ranch and meeting John Lasseter never crossed my mind.

I won't deny it - the things I saw overwhelmed me. This is a place where art and creativity reign supreme. The building itself was designed for everyone to collaborate and share. Even the location of the bathrooms was significant in that - John Lasseter insisted that the bathrooms be away from the offices, to force the animators and creative crew to at least interact with each other in the lobby. Outside I saw Pixar employees exercising and walking in the beautiful Emeryville day. I think part of the reason for Pixar's creative success is that feel of camaraderie and family that Lasseter has encouraged.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Apparently, the ball is the size of an adult!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds