Top 40 movies you must have on Blu-ray

07 Aug 2011 00:39 #1 by The Viking
An interesting list. Many others I could think of.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-501465_162-10008908.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Aug 2011 01:07 #2 by ScienceChic
It's about time they put The Incredibles on BluRay! I love my Iron Man Blu-Rays for testing the limits of my 7.1 surround sound. :wink: :woo hoo:

But Back to the Future and Blade Runner? Start with crap picture and sound and purty-fying it isn't worth my money, sorry.

The descriptions for Heat (gun battle good for showing off surround sound) and Inception (great for impressing guests) has me wanting to test those!

Good list, thanks!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 Aug 2011 06:48 #3 by Wayne Harrison
Why buy them when when you can watch them any time in streaming HD?

07 Aug 2011 06:56 #4 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Top 40 movies you must have on Blu-ray
Jeez, why couldn't they put that list on one page?

I think it is mob weekend on AMC. I am going to watch a mob movie today. Probably the godfather 2.

07 Aug 2011 07:03 #5 by Wayne Harrison
Each time you click for another movie on the list, it's a page view. 40 page views instead of one, if you read the whole list.

07 Aug 2011 07:05 #6 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Top 40 movies you must have on Blu-ray
I know, I hate those page where they make you click through each one. Some will have a link to all on one page. That one didn't

07 Aug 2011 08:10 #7 by ScienceChic

WayneH wrote: Why buy them when when you can watch them any time in streaming HD?

When I got my surround sound installed, and asked about moving to streaming from Blu-Ray, it was explained to me that most streaming isn't in HD, or, at the least, as good a quality as Blu-Ray (sound or video). I'm sure that is or will be changing, so for now I'm sticking with buying only those movies that I know I'll watch over and over, and are worth the extra $$ because they have good visuals and/or sound to justify it (ie Thor vs Back to the Future = Blu-Ray vs regular disc or streamed).

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 Aug 2011 17:28 #8 by Fool for the City
My VCR just ate another tape......am I missing something?......p.s.....I really like the auto-tracking on my VCR! lol :pop

07 Aug 2011 22:04 #9 by The Viking

Fool for the City wrote: My VCR just ate another tape......am I missing something?......p.s.....I really like the auto-tracking on my VCR! lol :pop

rofllol :lol: :rofl

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds