Star Trek 2

12 Dec 2011 23:22 #1 by ScienceChic
Star Trek 2 was created by ScienceChic
More Star Trek news! :woo hoo: :woo hoo: :woo hoo:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52204
Peter Weller's Agent Hints At The Actor's Role In J.J. Abrams's STAR TREK 2!
Published at: Dec 07, 2011
Beaks here...

This seemed to pass by unnoticed the other day, but Slashfilm picked up on it , so I thought it'd be worth throwing out there for rampant speculation's sake.

Combine this with Variety's report that there is an older, substantial supporting villain to the main baddie (i.e. Khan), and I can't help but wonder if he'll be the head of the corporation that spearheaded the development of genetically-engineered supersoldiers, which leads to the Eugenics War (in the mid 1990s according to the original series' timeline, which would be unaltered at that point), which results in Khan and eighty-four of his compatriots fleeing Earth in the S.S. Botany Bay. Or will Weller be a greedy CEO who stakes a claim to the Botany Bay upon its discovery by the Enterprise?

What do you think?

On December 5th it was reported that Benicio Del Toro was signed on, and speculation was high that he was playing Khan, then 2 days later he was no longer involved in the project. Much is unsettled yet, so I have only one request: if you're going to do Khan, DON'T. MESS. IT. UP. It's the same writers as the first movie, so I'm optimistic at this point that they will do great, unless rumors start flying otherwise. The fanboys will be merciless on this one...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/51984
Abrams' TREK Sequel Closer And Closer To Reality...
Published at: Nov 16, 2011 11:04:18 AM CST
Merrick here...

TrekMovie has a report from "trusted sources" regarding the status of J.J. Abrams' soon-to-shoot sequel to his 2009 STAR TREK movie.

Seems the script from Orci, Kurtzman, and Lindelof is more or less finished (third draft), and Team Abrams is now scouting locations in preparation for a January 15th 2012 start-of-shooting. One of these locations is said to reprise a "famous Star Trek location."

More details can be found HERE .

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52069
STAR TREK 2 3D 5/17/13!
Published at: Nov 23, 2011
Beaks here...

While plot details are being kept completely under wraps (though there is rampant speculation by me that Benicio Del Toro has been cast as the leader of the Gorn), Deadline has learned that J.J. Abrams's second STAR TREK film will be released on May 17th, 2013. It will also be shot in 3D.

That's 2 weeks after the opening of Iron Man 3 - another fun year for us geeks it seems! :woo hoo:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds