How Social TV is Taking Over the Oscars and How You Can Win

24 Feb 2012 17:24 #1 by ScienceChic
Who do you think will win? I haven't seen a single one that's up for the major awards, so I'm just going to watch for the clothes and the fun of it. :)

http://mashable.com/2012/02/24/social-tv-oscars/
How Social TV is Taking Over the Oscars and How You Can Win [CONTEST]
1 hour ago by Christina Warren

The Academy Awards introduced its Oscar Backstage app last year. The experiment — one of the first true “second screen” iPad apps of its time, was a huge success, even winning an Emmy.

This year Oscar.com and the Oscar Backstage app are back and bigger than ever. Not only is the app free this year [iTunes link], the content is even more digitally focused.

During the show itself, users can watch while logged into Oscar.com or using the Oscars app for iOS and get their pick of different camera angles on the red carpet, access to the control room, see winners interviewed as they leave the podium and get an inside look at the Governor’s Ball.

The Official Oscar Schedule
The Oscars Blog

Did you hear the controversy around Sacha Baron Cohen? He wants to show up on the Red Carpet in costume for his new movie, "The Dictator", then change into the tux for the show, and the Academy told him in no uncertain terms: don't even think about it. Think he'll do it anyway? lol Check out the video in the story below, it's hilarious!:
Sacha Baron Cohen vs. Hollywood: A reason to watch the Oscars
By Rene Lynch

February 24, 2012

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds