Dark Shadows Movie - What the ????

21 Mar 2012 12:11 #1 by ScienceChic
Okay, normally I'm a huge fan of Tim Burton, and Johnny Depp works magic with him...but...what the $%#* did they do to this Dark Shadows version? It looks totally cheesy and stupid. I am not happy.

The cast rocks though - Michelle Pfeiffer, Jackie Earle Haley (one of my faves), along with the always-Burton-present, Helena Bonham Carter

Dark Shadows (2012) Trailer & Stills

In theatres May 11, 2012

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Mar 2012 09:29 #2 by MellowYellow
Boy, SC, I agree w/ya - think this is gonna be a TOTAL BUST!!! I love all the actors, but this has taken them to a new low!

22 Mar 2012 09:37 #3 by ScienceChic
I know, I'm so bummed!

My Dad has every episode that's available on DVD (and there are a lot of them!).

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

22 Mar 2012 09:42 #4 by MellowYellow
I know what 'ya mean......know this dates me, BUT, I used to come home from high school in my senior year (got out at noon) and couldn't wait to watch! I never thot abt getting the DVD's - would be interesting to see if the "original's" are as great as I remember.......

22 Mar 2012 09:46 #5 by ScienceChic
When I inherit his DVD collection, you're free to watch them anytime! :) (They are currently in Ohio).

I think you can stream a bunch online too - Google Dark Shadows TV Episodes.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds