calling submariners

29 Sep 2012 22:24 #1 by Blazer Bob
I am watching Last Resort. From a general Navy POV it is LOL funny. It takes place mostly on a Boomer.

Otis, anyone with Dolphins see it and care to comment.

Uh oh. people like it. rofllol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Resor ... _TV_series )

"Critical reception

The show has been met with positive reviews from critics, with a score of 74 out of 100 based on 30 reviews from Metacritic.[4]

[edit] Series overview

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Sep 2012 22:40 #2 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic calling submariners
This is over at a bubble head blog. 34 comments so far.

""Last Resort" Airs, Hilarity Ensues

I know we had a thread on this fairly recently, but now that the first episode of the new submarine-themed comedy "Last Resort" has aired, there seems to be a lot of interest in what actual Submariners thought of it, so I'll start a new post.".................

http://bubbleheads.blogspot.com/2012/09 ... l#comments

30 Sep 2012 13:13 #3 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic calling submariners
The trailer was enough to keep me away from watching the show, so no I didn't watch it nor am I likely to in the future.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

31 Oct 2012 22:55 #4 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic calling submariners
I think as a sitcom it is not bad. The sub went from 0 to 22 kts in about three seconds and some one announced that they are cavitating.

I know that is an inside joke but I am sure that anyone who knows anything about anything will find something to laugh at.

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds