Sci-Fi/Fantasy Movie Release Dates 2013

01 Jan 2013 21:06 #1 by ScienceChic
Most excited to see?

For me, in order: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Star Trek Into Darkness, Iron Man 3, Man of Steel, The Wolverine (finally!), Thor: The Dark World, and Kick Ass 2. RED 2 is missing Karl Urban so I'm not as thrilled, Riddick is a remote possibility depending on fanboy reviews, and Percy Jackson and Despicable Me 2 are likely with my kids. It's gonna be a great year!
:champagnepop:

File Attachment:

From Fantasy and Sci-Fi Rocks My World Facebook page

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Feb 2013 12:08 #2 by FredHayek
Karl Urban was great in Dredd. Hard to act with a complete face shield helmet.

Hunger Games II will be a must see. And also looking forward to see how they are going to make "World War Z". Not very movie friendly book. Maybe emphasize the New York parts?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 Feb 2013 12:12 #3 by ScienceChic
I have been a fan of Karl Urban since he was Cupid and Caesar in Xena: Warrior Princess and in the movie RED (great flick, great cast!); I have yet to see Dredd. I haven't read World War Z so I'm waiting to see what the fanboys have to say about it. I hope they do right by the book for Hunger Games II as it was my fave of the 3 (the ending of the third annoyed the hell out of me, it was like the ending of Harry Potter where everything had to be wrapped up in a pretty bow and no unanswered questions left to the imagination...ugh).

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

02 Apr 2013 23:53 #4 by Jekyll
Thanks for the list SC, you turned my attention to some flicks that are coming that I didn't even KNOW about! I have to say though, another flippin' Wolverine movie??? Dude, really?

03 Apr 2013 07:11 #5 by FredHayek
Wolverine in Japan! Sort of makes sense, Adantium(sp?) blades verus Katanas,

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 Apr 2013 11:27 #6 by Jekyll

FredHayek wrote: Wolverine in Japan! Sort of makes sense, Adantium(sp?) blades verus Katanas,

Agreed, but focus should be given to the rest of the X-Men universe equally. From what I saw of the new X-Men movie, it looks as though they end up in the past again. Man, time travel is so cliche, but I guess one could say that the X-Men are getting their screen time, but hey, Wolverine'll be in that one too, go figure. What we NEED is another Spawn movie. It's been forever since the first one, the character is bad to the bone, and he's only had one other than the animated HBO series (that I happen to have on DVD).

03 Apr 2013 12:02 #7 by ScienceChic
I hated the last Wolverine movie so I'm hoping they get this one right - it's the best Wolverine story they could've chosen so if this one sucks, I'm done. It's not time travel - it's his history/back-story (like the last one of how he got his adamantium and nickname).

I haven't heard anything lately about the Magneto spin-off they were planning, but that should be good, as should the next X-Men installment.

03 Apr 2013 12:26 #8 by Jekyll

Science Chic wrote: I hated the last Wolverine movie so I'm hoping they get this one right - it's the best Wolverine story they could've chosen so if this one sucks, I'm done. It's not time travel - it's his history/back-story (like the last one of how he got his adamantium and nickname).

I haven't heard anything lately about the Magneto spin-off they were planning, but that should be good, as should the next X-Men installment.

The next X-Men is where the time travel takes place SC, sorry for the confusion, my mind spins all over the place. Yea, the last Wolverine wasn't the greatest, so we'll see, but I'll wait for dvd regardless.

01 May 2013 22:59 #9 by ScienceChic
Still haven't decided if this is gonna be good or not...
[youtube:1dyb0u8g]
[/youtube:1dyb0u8g]

OH, Nathan Fillion is in Percy Jackson - yummy!

Hadn't even heard of this one, thinking it's only going to do okay - looks unoriginal. (But I do love Jeff Bridges, and Ryan Reynolds is at least pretty to look at!). :wink:

29 May 2013 13:42 #10 by Jekyll
Watched yer Kick@$$ II and R.I.P.D trailers SC and I'll be seeing BOTH of those in theaters. Very cool. :thumbsup:

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds