"South Park" creators Stone, Parker talk about the future

29 Jan 2013 16:46 #1 by ScienceChic
One part of the story struck me most: they said the don't even care about ratings anymore because it used to be that you had to tune in at 10pm on Comedy Central to see the show, now people view it anywhere, anywhen, and through a variety of platforms. What matters to them is creating the best content, stuff they are proud of, to keep people coming back.

I think many a TV exec, writer, and producer should take heed of that line of thinking.

"South Park" creators Matt Stone, Trey Parker talk about their future
Posted: 01/29/2013

When it comes to success stories in the entertainment world, it does not get much better than the one about a pair of regular guys from Colorado, Matt Stone and Trey Parker, who took cutout paper dolls, animated them and triumphed on cable television, on the Web, at the multiplex and on Broadway.

You might think that after all they've accomplished, they would be ready to step back a bit, and this is essentially true. Don't worry, they aren't going to actually kill Kenny, who is ritually sacrificed in every episode. But "South Park," which generally has been produced in two batches of seven episodes for a total of 14 every year, will be cut back to a single run of 10 episodes, beginning on Sept. 25.

Read more: "South Park" creators Matt Stone, Trey Parker talk about their future - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ ... z2JPXchHtX
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds