5 Kick-^$$ Action Movies That Are Pure Propaganda

16 Feb 2013 18:14 #1 by ScienceChic
The quote about Shooter made me laugh out loud so I had to share this!
Caution: strong language contained within
5 Kick-Ass Action Movies That Are Pure Propaganda
By: Steve Clark September 25, 2007

1.On Deadly Ground

2. Shooter

You know those vigilante movies where some murdering scumbag is set free by the legal system and somebody has to take the law into his own hands to bring the bastard to justice? Well, Shooter takes the same stand on right-wing politics, as in: If the legal system can't bring right-wing politicians to justice, then it's time for every one of those money-grubbing bastards to get a lead injection.

Yeah, we're thinking the Secret Service has a list of everyone who has ever seen this movie.( lol )

3. Red Dawn

4. Die Hard 2

5. Kurtlar Vadisi Irak (Valley of the Wolves: Iraq)

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/article_15017_5- ... z2L72q9BOu

This is why I turn my brain off when I start a movie, because I merely want to be entertained and leave reality for a while. :wink:
The 6 Most Depressing Happy Endings in Movie History
By: Rick K, Colm P. August 22, 2008

#6. Return of the Jedi
#5. Superman Returns
#4. Toy Story 2

In the Toy Story universe, the sentient toys appear to be immortal. The film makes a special point that the toys don't age along with their human owners, so the best-case scenario here is that Andy keeps them around long enough for them to watch him die of old age. Of course, most people don't keep their toys around that long, and those who do seldom take them out of their original packaging. It's far more likely that they'll all eventually wind up at the bottom of a rotting compost heap...

Let's see Randy Newman compose a feel good ditty about that one. With a fate like that in store, it's no wonder ninety percent of all fiction involving sentient dolls ends with them trying to kill their owners. ( lol )

#3. Jack
#2. The Matrix Trilogy
#1. Back to the Future

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/article_16570_th ... z2L74G98cr

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Feb 2013 09:19 #2 by FredHayek
Cracked is my favorite online source. I love when they take apart classic films.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds