Star Wars Episode VII Breaking News! The Trio Signed!

06 Mar 2013 00:04 #1 by ScienceChic
So after the exciting (apocalyptic?) news that JJ Abrams was going to direct the new Star Wars installment (traitor, crossing over from Star Trek like that! :biggrin: ), the next bombshell news that came out was that Lucas had approached Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, and Harrison Ford about reprising their roles with the promise that if they didn't wish to return, their characters would simply be written out, because they would not re-cast them.

It seems as if the first has signed on!

Carrie Fisher says she’s returning to Star Wars
Meredith Woerner
Mar 5, 2013

Stay tuned... :wink:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Mar 2013 00:17 #2 by Blazer Bob
As a self proclaimed expert, the only star wars movie that was worth a damn is the first one.

And by the way star trek sucked.

06 Mar 2013 05:59 #3 by FredHayek
My brother saw poor Carrie Fisher have a meltdown entertaining on a cruise last month. Hopefully she gets better soon. I was very upset with Abram's destroying most of the historical timeline of the original series but I like the idea of him taking the baton from Lucas and will be in line to see his re-imagining.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 Mar 2013 16:42 #4 by ScienceChic
George Lucas Reveals He Signed Hamill, Ford, Fisher for Star Wars: Episode VII
By Graeme McMillan

George Lucas has let it slip that he signed all three actors for the next movie, if not more beyond that.

Lucas seemed to immediately realize what he had said and attempted to backtrack from the admission,

Still, Disney — and director J.J. Abrams — are the ones at the helm of Star Wars now, and they have yet to confirm the casting. So when will we hear the original word on the return of the classic Star Wars trio?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

02 Apr 2013 23:29 #5 by Jekyll

Blazer Bob wrote: As a self proclaimed expert, the only star wars movie that was worth a damn is the first one.

And by the way star trek sucked.

And expert at being a boob!! :biggrin: I grew up with the older Star Wars movies, and loved them all. I actually think the darker, more grungy film work looks better and more realistic than any of the, *burp, swallow back*, new "Episodes." Jacked up the whole thing for me. Otherwise, Star Wars is awesome.

Star Trek sucked? Yer kidding right? The installments on t.v and movies overWHELMS Star Wars and has a helluva lot more alternate timelines that still tie into each other man! Loved basically all the movies, with the exception of "Star Trek: The Movie" and "Star Trek: Insurrection," except the crash scene in Insurrection and DATA swearing was pretty good. My love for Star Trek includes the new movie and the newest even though it hasn't been released yet. I think maybe you suck and you just don't know it Bob, hahahaha. (I'm ribbin ya bud)

03 Apr 2013 12:04 #6 by ScienceChic
Bob's just trying to get off of my Christmas card list. :wink:

03 Apr 2013 12:25 #7 by Jekyll

Science Chic wrote: Bob's just trying to get off of my Christmas card list. :wink:

lol

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds