Joss Whedon Does Shakespeare-Does It Get Any Better?! No! :)

08 Mar 2013 11:56 - 23 Jan 2017 11:09 #1 by ScienceChic
So my all-time favorite writer/director/producer/(god!) Joss Whedon snuck in filming a move while he was editing The Avengers. I saw the trailer for the first time last night and was giddy afterwards because so many of his regular actors from all of his TV shows, Buffy, Angel, Firefly, and Dollhouse, all star in it and I'm thrilled to see them together again with him at the helm - it can't be anything but fun, funny, and incredible...especially since he's starting with Shakespeare!!!!!!

Without further ado:

He and his cast hopped into a bus and headed to SXSW, and he's been tweeting (which he normally doesn't do) along the way. You can find his comments here @MuchAdoFilm: twitter.com/MuchAdoFilm

And here's a Q&A that he just did: www.deadline.com/2013/03/sxsw-interview-...ch-ado-about-nothin/

Opens June 7th - just extending my time hanging out at the theatre now! lol Iron Man 3 - May 3rd, Star Trek Into Darkness - May 15th, Much Ado Bout Nothing - June 3rd, Man of Steel - June 14th :woo hoo:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Mar 2013 12:01 #2 by FredHayek
Shiny! Joss must only sleep three hours a night.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 Mar 2013 12:14 #3 by ScienceChic
lol I had to chuckle in that Q&A where he says "You're talking to the most unhealthy guy here" because he doesn't budget his time well...I understand that problem intimately. There's so much to do, so much that's fun, and so little time to adequately allot to each project, especially when each deserves so much more time.

I only hope he doesn't burn out because I would deeply miss his work - he is truly talented at blending the funny moments with the serious moments, getting audiences so invested emotionally in characters that it's painful and horrible when he kills someone off (which he does, every time) and joyful and elating when all goes right. One of the most profound TV experiences I ever had was before a season finale even started (Buffy Season 5), and it was a few simple white sentences on a black screen that made me start sobbing uncontrollably and the show hadn't even started yet - that's his gift. He gets into your heart with his writing, and caring about the story and the characters and the details. Why TV execs never figured that out, I will forever wonder, but perhaps it's been for the best that he's had to keep creating new, fresh, and original stories and not been allowed to peter out on any one thing.

I am bummed that Wonder Woman fell through in particular though, I would've loved to have seen what he did with her...(after growing up watching Lynda Carter and idolizing that character). C'est la vie...

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds