THE EVIL DEAD 2013

23 Mar 2013 17:13 #1 by Jekyll
THE EVIL DEAD 2013 was created by Jekyll
Remember that cult classic from '81? I LOVED all the Evil Dead movies! Well, hold on to your hats and lock yerself into your seat, this remake that debuts on April 12th is going to melt some faces. The trailer is graphic, so I can only imagine the whole film. The wife wants to go see this in the theater. HOLY MOLEY!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xwgdgk ... shortfilms

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Mar 2013 22:03 #2 by Jekyll
Replied by Jekyll on topic THE EVIL DEAD 2013
No replies? Wow, thought there were more Evil Dead fans around. Anyway, the incorporation of material from mostly the first movie AND the second movie is intriguing. It isn't just a remake of the first movie. Nonetheless, with the new special effects that we have nowadays, I'm surprised that this level of gore is even allowed to premier. Just saying.

29 Mar 2013 13:46 #3 by catbollu
Replied by catbollu on topic THE EVIL DEAD 2013
I love evil dead... so you are saying it is worth seeing. I am afraid to see it so many remakes are awful

31 Mar 2013 21:30 #4 by Jekyll

catbollu wrote: I love evil dead... so you are saying it is worth seeing. I am afraid to see it so many remakes are awful

DEFFINITELY worth seeing cat. Welcome to the board by the way, hope you enjoy the scene. Anyhow, I totally agree about remakes, and from the preview of this flick, it looks to be more or less focused on gore, but hey, the old ones were pretty gory, just not as 'flashy' of gore as what we see nowadays. Let alone the (remake) deadite in the crawlspace?! Dude, I got chills, and the gnarly evil enchanted tree in the woods?? I just hope we get to see a damn good person impersonate Ash. I say impersonate cause no one will ever "replace" Bruce FRICKIN Campbell!!! I told my wife it looked like a chic might do it and she almost smacked me, hahahaha. Go see it cat, or don't and I'll tell you what it was like! Hahahaha, seriously though, GO SEE IT!

31 Mar 2013 22:35 #5 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic THE EVIL DEAD 2013
Entertainment Weekly had a column by Bruce Campbell this week who sounded pretty excited about the new director and also why he & Sam Raimi weren't doing the remake. (Too busy.)

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

01 Apr 2013 09:54 #6 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic THE EVIL DEAD 2013
Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi rank right behind Joss Whedon on my directors/actors worth worshiping list! I've only seen the original, none of the subsequent movies, and without Bruce or Sam involved in this one can't say that I was all that into it but I might check it out now. Thanks Jekyll!

Anyone else see My Name is Bruce or Bubba Ho-Tep? Loved them! :thumbsup:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

01 Apr 2013 09:58 #7 by catbollu
Replied by catbollu on topic THE EVIL DEAD 2013

Science Chic wrote: Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi rank right behind Joss Whedon on my directors/actors worth worshiping list! I've only seen the original, none of the subsequent movies, and without Bruce or Sam involved in this one can't say that I was all that into it but I might check it out now. Thanks Jekyll!

I love both My name is bruce and Bubba Ho-tep :)
But you really need to see at least the second evil dead it Rocks in my oppinion one of the best Bruce has done

01 Apr 2013 09:59 #8 by Gunny
Replied by Gunny on topic THE EVIL DEAD 2013
I'll definately check out this remake, although Army of Darkness was my favorite!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106308/

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
Robert A. Heinlein

02 Apr 2013 12:14 #9 by Jekyll

catbollu wrote:

Science Chic wrote: Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi rank right behind Joss Whedon on my directors/actors worth worshiping list! I've only seen the original, none of the subsequent movies, and without Bruce or Sam involved in this one can't say that I was all that into it but I might check it out now. Thanks Jekyll!

I love both My name is bruce and Bubba Ho-tep :)
But you really need to see at least the second evil dead it Rocks in my oppinion one of the best Bruce has done

Love all of 'em, and especially all the Evil Dead's, and the second one is when he attaches the good ole chainsaw, YES!! Wife and I watched the first one again last night. Damn, the gore was bad then, just THINK of the REMAKE! Science Chic, don't wait for DVD, just get down to the theater and see it when it comes out. I knoooow Raimi and Campbell don't have their hands in this movie, but believe me, I strongly say that they have influence. Raimi and Campbell wouldn't let someone trash the legacy!!!

Off Topic: Another great trilogy would be Mad Max (this could be a whole new thread), except I feel as though Tina Turner RUINED Beyond Thunderdome. Otherwise, this is a box set worthy of any collection. I've read little bits an' pieces here and there that a NEW Mad Max is being made but it doesn't tie into the original three movie series, it's "by itself." See, now THAT'S horse feces. If yer gonna do a remake, it better be right in line with the original movie(s) and if it's an addition, it needs to follow the story. C'mon man, Terminator 3 & 4 (3 I though wrapped up the story, and four was just publicity but worth the dollar at RedBox) at least followed the damn storyline!!

Gunny wrote: I'll definately check out this remake, although Army of Darkness was my favorite!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106308/

Gunny, I don't think Army of Darkness was a remake, at least I thought it was an original. Is there an older version? Anyhow, yes, great movie.

02 Apr 2013 12:42 #10 by Jekyll
Awww hell, here's an update. Per imdb It looks as though Evil Dead releases this upcoming FRIDAY!!!! :droolpuddle:

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds