THE EVIL DEAD 2013

05 Apr 2013 12:33 #11 by Jekyll
Replied by Jekyll on topic THE EVIL DEAD 2013
Man, I'll have to go to EVIL DEAD tomorrow night, I have to work till 10:30P and the theater that I'm willing to drive to has the last showing at 10:20P :(:

.........It'll be worth the wait though! :woo hoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Apr 2013 12:03 #12 by Jekyll
Went and saw "it" last night. I have to be honest, the movie has a rating of six out of ten for me. The gore factor wasn't enough to cover up the lacking storyline, and they changed some stuff from the first one (I know, should be obvious). Also, in the credits it showed Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi. I won't specify their exact roles, but it turns out they in fact had their hands in the making of the "remake." I'd say it's still worth seeing in the theater, but it wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. cat was right in this case.

07 Apr 2013 13:36 #13 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic THE EVIL DEAD 2013
Thanks for the review Jekyll!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 Apr 2013 14:48 #14 by chickaree
Replied by chickaree on topic THE EVIL DEAD 2013
I'm not sure what the point is without Bruce.

07 Apr 2013 18:12 #15 by Jekyll

Science Chic wrote: Thanks for the review Jekyll!

Yer welcome. :wave:

chickaree wrote: I'm not sure what the point is without Bruce.

I knooooow right? They should've had 'im in there for a cameo or SOMETHING. The fact that him and Raimi helped with the remake and it wasn't right on the money was disappointing though. I don't want to be too critical of the movie, but it coulda been a LOT better, imho.

08 Apr 2013 15:49 - 22 Oct 2013 01:06 #16 by Argyle
Replied by Argyle on topic THE EVIL DEAD 2013
You need to stay to the end credits, to catch a very brief glimpse of Bruce.

[youtube:27g24t05]
[/youtube:27g24t05]

09 Apr 2013 13:28 #17 by Jekyll

speedoo wrote: You need to stay to the end credits, to catch a very brief glimpse of Bruce.

Dude, speedoo, the link has been shut down per copyright issues!?! Bummer, I should've stayed past the credits! Now I have to watch the flick again when it comes out on DVD. Thanks for the heads up though!

22 Oct 2013 23:29 #18 by Argyle
Replied by Argyle on topic THE EVIL DEAD 2013
Bruce Campbell Says Yes to 'Army of Darkness 2'

Graeme McMillan wrote: Back in March, it was confirmed that director Sam Raimi was working on Army of Darkness 2, a follow-up to the 1992 medieval horror comedy movie that seemingly finished his Evil Dead series. The question on the minds of most fans of the series, however, would be whether or not Bruce Campbell would appear in the new movie. At this weekend's Wizard World Nashville Comic Con, he answered that question.

23 Oct 2013 12:37 #19 by Jekyll

Argyle wrote: Bruce Campbell Says Yes to 'Army of Darkness 2'

Graeme McMillan wrote: Back in March, it was confirmed that director Sam Raimi was working on Army of Darkness 2, a follow-up to the 1992 medieval horror comedy movie that seemingly finished his Evil Dead series. The question on the minds of most fans of the series, however, would be whether or not Bruce Campbell would appear in the new movie. At this weekend's Wizard World Nashville Comic Con, he answered that question.

That's so cool man, the wife and I would watch that flick in a heartbeat. Love yer avatar btw, Workaholics has it's moments, lol .

Jekyll wrote:

speedoo wrote: You need to stay to the end credits, to catch a very brief glimpse of Bruce.

Dude, speedoo, the link has been shut down per copyright issues!?! Bummer, I should've stayed past the credits! Now I have to watch the flick again when it comes out on DVD. Thanks for the heads up though!

So yea, the link works now and that little clip at the end has me hooked. Two thumbs up.

23 Oct 2013 13:35 #20 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic THE EVIL DEAD 2013
Posted on Bloody-Disgusting 's Facebook page yesterday - it put me in my happy place!

File Attachment:

Did you hear the awesome news that Bruce Campbell has confirmed Army of Darkness 2? Read about it here ---> http://bdisgusting.com/16oszbk

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds