Ender's Game Movie Controversy?

29 Mar 2013 20:15 #1 by FredHayek
Ender's Game a movie of a book about kid soldiers fighting an alien race is coming out but there is a new controversy about the Harrison Ford film. The Mormon author Orson Scott Card is against homosexuality. Would this prevent you from reading the book or seeing the movie? I am still willing to see it. If you only read authors you agree with 100% I would have nothing to read.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Mar 2013 21:04 #2 by otisptoadwater
Isn't one of the basic tenants of learning putting aside what you know and what you believe in to consider alternatives? That doesn't mean you have to accept the alternatives, simply consider them and then decide if you can accept them on their merits or reject them because of failed logic and/or conflict with personal convictions.

I'm willing to wade through anyone's thesis but me taking the time to review what they have submitted is no guarantee that I'll accept it; listen to others, they may know something you don't or they may not know what they are talking about. If you don't listen to others you stand the chance of being wrong because you don't have all of the information you need to make informed decisions.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds