The Frozen Ground - Aug. 2013 (Made in AK)

10 Jun 2013 17:00 #1 by Jekyll
With Nicholas Cage and John Cusack. It's about the Alaska serial killer Robert Hansen. From the previews it looks as though the guy is using a rifle when I understood he hunted his victims with a bow. Guess I'll have to wait and see how accurate it is. It's "based on a true story" after all. Anyway, here it is:

[youtube:3m4ony7n]
[/youtube:3m4ony7n]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jun 2013 17:06 #2 by Jekyll
Well, it looks as though when officers searched his home, autos and plane back in the day, they only found an assortment of firearms, at least that's what the good ole Wiki says lol :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Hansen

....chilling....

05 Nov 2013 12:22 #3 by Jekyll
Well, watched the movie today, it was available at RedBox. It wasn't the greatest but definitely worth watching. Too bad it didn't get national attention. Kinda short and it seemed that we were left hanging at the end but the budget prolly didn't include more time than the little bit that was allowed. The chilling drama/action that you do get to see is pretty gnarly, the killer is one twisted s.o.b. I think I was wrong in thinking that he used a bow, don't know where I heard that rumor and carried it with me forever. Oh well, it's worth the buck sixty or whatever it is, thought I'd throw in my measley two cents.

05 Nov 2013 12:52 #4 by homeagain
MUCH better murder mystery.....called INSOMNIA....script written about Alaska, altho I'm sure
it may not have been shot in Alaska.....story line pretty good, check it out...indicative of what
it is like in the summer-time.....

05 Nov 2013 13:06 #5 by Jekyll
Hell ya Homie, I watched that movie years ago. I should watch it again but from what I remember it was kinda slow. Otherwise a good flick, thanks for bringing that one up! Oh, and it was filmed entirely in both Alaska and British Columbia. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0278504/loc ... _=tt_dt_dt .

[youtube:2t3qn9ay]
[/youtube:2t3qn9ay]

05 Nov 2013 13:07 #6 by Jekyll
And yea, it's EXACTLY what it's like in the summer months, lmfao. Totally agree. :like:

05 Nov 2013 13:15 #7 by homeagain
S-L-O_W. but a good cast......the relentless rays of sun is what I remember of the film and the
INSOMNIA that DeNiro portrayed to PERFECTION......(we will be going up NEXT summer solstice,
like to be there for the "Midnite Sun Run"...........if we can) :biggrin:

05 Nov 2013 18:36 #8 by Jekyll
:yeahthat: Pacino is a good actor fer sures. Wish I could afford to go up to Alaska and visit more. Make sure when you go that you do some salmon fishing, so long as they ain't radioactive, lol .

EDIT: I just realized that you misnamed Pacino DiNiro, lmfao.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds