2013 Fall TV Preview: Cop comedies, androids, & more

10 Sep 2013 09:31 #1 by ScienceChic
What are you most looking forward to? I can't wait to see SHIELD, the kick-off of Castle, Bones, and White Collar, and am in my happy place now that football has returned. Of course, I have to watch most of those after recording them - my life is dominated by meetings these days. :)

2013 Fall TV Preview: Cop comedies, androids, hostage-takers, trophy wives and more
By Joanne Ostrow, Denver Post Television Critic
09/06/2013

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Sep 2013 09:39 #2 by FredHayek
We set up the Andy Samberg cop show in our DVR, but are still waiting to decide on what new shows to see.
More looking forward to returning shows like Big Bang Theory and New Girl.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Sep 2013 21:36 #3 by FredHayek
But will be watching Agents of Shield for sure.

16 Sep 2013 21:37 #4 by ScienceChic
Cool! I'm DVR'ing Sleepy Hollow while watching the game. It looked sort of interesting.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

13 Nov 2013 12:24 #5 by ScienceChic
I'm enjoying the show myself, although I agree it could be a lot better. But then, Buffy and Angel started out slow too and improved much with age. I only made it one episode with Sleepy Hollow, mainly because we record Castle and Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives at the same time and can't watch football while two other shows are recording, much less be able to record three at once. Stupid DVR.

White Collar and Castle are fun, but Bones is getting boring which makes me sad. I love the science in there. It may be time to hang up the lab coat.

I've figured out all the problems with Agents of SHIELD
Rob Bricken
11/13/13

13 Nov 2013 12:38 #6 by ComputerBreath
During the World Series, Sleepy Hollow ran in a marathon on USA or TNT (one of the 200 channels)...it was real interesting. I just forget when it is on and usually miss it during the week.

I agree with Bones getting boring...how many ways can someone die and their body be multilated.

13 Nov 2013 12:54 #7 by Argyle
Sleepy Hollow fan here, too. ComputerBreath, it's on Monday nights @ 8, on Fox.

13 Nov 2013 13:21 #8 by FredHayek
Like the Brooklyn 99 show, don't like Dad's. (Too bad the wife likes it.)

Think I will binge watch Sleepy Hollow on a snowy weekend day.

13 Nov 2013 14:09 #9 by Mtn Gramma

Science Chic wrote: I only made it one episode with Sleepy Hollow, mainly because we record Castle and Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives at the same time and can't watch football while two other shows are recording, much less be able to record three at once. Stupid DVR.

You need the Hopper. 6 shows at once during prime time. :biggrin:

13 Nov 2013 16:21 #10 by ScienceChic
Yes we do! I was going to switch back to Dish (really dislike DirecTV's slow guide channel flipping and show recording set up), but then hubby went ahead and got the NFL package again so we have to wait for football season to end now.

On a happy note, Almost Human starts this Sunday. Yea Karl Urban!

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds