2013 Fall TV Preview: Cop comedies, androids, & more

04 Mar 2014 19:14 #11 by ScienceChic
Imagine me watching this and making the Tim Allen happy-power-growl! :biggrin:

[youtube:1hbmta99]
[/youtube:1hbmta99]

'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Is About To Become The Show Everyone Wanted It To Be
3/04/2014

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is a show that needed to be built away from the gimmick of the MCU connected world. As Joss Whedon perfectly put it during development “we couldn’t have a show that said ‘Iron Man was just here, but he left right before you showed up’.” Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. needed to take time being its own thing. Living by its own rules. Now that it has, Marvel’s finally ready to unleash the beast that is the most daring attempt at trans-media ever made by a major studio.

Based on the tease at the end, it would seem the grand plan is to tie Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. into the events of the upcoming Captain America: The Winter Soldier. How deeply those ties go is currently unknown, but since one of the big deals is the inclusion of Thor: The Dark World‘s Jaimie Alexander as her character Lady Sif in an episode, perhaps things are about to take off the way people have hoped the series would.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Mar 2014 08:07 #12 by FredHayek
Maybe time to give Marvel another chance. I have it programmed to tape but never get around to watching it. Maybe binge watch during the next blizzard.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 Apr 2014 17:09 #13 by ScienceChic
Yummy...Bill Paxton! :biggrin: Video at links below.

'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Exclusive: Bill Paxton Doesn't Fear the Reaper
By Robert Chan
April 4, 2014

Marvel fans, listen up: We've got a first look at the opening moments of next week's "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," which directly ties in with the current big-screen blockbuster "Captain America: The Winter Soldier."

In what is probably the best 90-second cold open of any show this season, a couple of S.H.I.E.L.D. fighter pilots try to shoot down Bill Paxton's jet, but Bill Paxton isn't having any of it because… well, he's Bill Paxton.

If you've been waiting for “Agents” to get good, but grew tired of all the set-up earlier in the season, now is a good time to get on board. “Winter Soldier” may have been just the shot in the arm the series needed to turn it into the exciting and fun action show it's always wanted to be.

'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Uncovers a 'Captain America' Conspiracy
By Robert Chan April 1, 2014

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

08 May 2014 22:03 #14 by ScienceChic
Happy dance!

ABC renews 'SHIELD' plus orders 'Captain America' spin-off
By James Hibberd on May 8, 2014

ABC is doubling down on Marvel TV shows.

First, Agents of SHIELD is returning for a second season. That move was pretty widely expected, despite the show’s somewhat modest ratings performance.

Plus, ABC has also greenlit to series its Captain America spin-off Agent Carter (or, as the studio insists it’s titled, Marvel’s Agent Carter).

Update to add: I am sad about the cancellation of Almost Human. At least Castle, Sleepy Hollow, and SHIELD will be back.

Which TV Shows Have Been Renewed, Which Have Been Canceled, And Which Ones Are We Waiting To Hear About?
Kate Aurthur
April 29, 2014

13 May 2014 17:55 #15 by ScienceChic
Season Finale of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D tonight!

A Sneak Peak at Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Huge Finale
By Kit Simpson Browneon May 13th, 2014
[youtube:3hb0to4j]
[/youtube:3hb0to4j]

Longer 2nd clip at the Moviepilot.com link above!

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds