Why Duck Dynasty is a Fraud

22 Oct 2013 09:39 #11 by FredHayek
Cabela's sells their calls and I think they are a little overpriced.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Oct 2013 14:02 #12 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic Why Duck Dynasty is a Fraud

FredHayek wrote: Cabela's sells their calls and I think they are a little overpriced.

Prices seem about right. I paid close to $100 20 years ago for a custom duck call. But that included a bunch of spare reeds. :biggrin:

22 Oct 2013 18:44 #13 by otisptoadwater

pacamom wrote: I think Willie is responsible for growing the business into the multimillion dollar company that it is and just maybe, the Robertson approached the TV producers. (that is how American Pickers started)
http://www.celebritynetworth.com/riches ... net-worth/
Willie runs Duck Commander alongside his dad Phil, brother Jase, mother Miss Kay, uncle Si and wife Korie. Just a few years ago, Duck Commander was a small time mom-and-pop operation run from the family living room. Willie's father invented their signature Duck Commander Duck Call in 1972. That first year, Phil's call earned $8000 in revenue. Within a few years that number had grown to over $500,000 as the duck call became more popular among hardcore hunters. When Willie became CEO of the company, he used his business degree and sales experience to take the company out of the living room and into the big time. Today Duck Commander is a thriving business empire that sells 600,000 duck calls a year in addition to their popular DVDs, books and other merchandise. The Robertson family are self-described "redneck millionaires" who enjoy finer things like new trucks and houses, but still wont hesitate jump in the mud on a hunting trip.

Thanks for the information and correction Paca. I didn't do the research, I was just posting what I believed was likely to have happened.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

07 Nov 2013 12:12 #14 by Jekyll
Replied by Jekyll on topic Why Duck Dynasty is a Fraud
I'll watch watch anything before that dumbarse show. One good one that comes to mind is Sons of Guns. Hoorah. Course, the drama has gotten to be a little much like most reality shows. :memorial:

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds